Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Karbev Chutney / Curry Leaves Rice with Chana dal and Peanuts.


"Karbev Chutney / Curry Leaves Rice with Chana dal and Peanuts" .... My own concoction of delicious dish that goes well for dinner time or served at lunch time in thali along with other dishes ... a simple yet tongue tickler dish that is prepared using karbeva chutney (chutney pitti) ... A no hassle dish if you have chutney ready and want to eat something yumz for dinner ... Yummilicious .... 

** This is a jhatpat (quick to make) dish that can be prepared in a jiffy, if you have curry leaves ie karbeva chutney pitti ready at home. I always have any one of the delicious chutney pitti ready at home as I love relishing them during dinner time with peja or just by mixing them up with rice. I also always have roasted groundnuts at home without fail. I microwave them and store them in airtight container as my hubby loves to munch on a handful everyday. Chutney pitti is actually soul food when you want to have something spicy and yumz, yet you do not have the time nor the energy to really go about cooking something great. I often prepare such rice dishes like lemon rice, curd rice, curry leaves rice, garlic chutney rice, tamarind rice, sesame rice etc. whenever I am too tired after day long work and after coming home tired all I want to do is have a satisfying bed, drink my hot turmeric milk and retire to bed all curled up with my warm blanket and ZZZzzz. I am sure many of you like me feel so, why many of you I am sure there comes a time in life when almost every person want it badly too. So sharing here a simple and yumz dish that is a common in my home for dinner which sometimes I relish to my heart's content. 

** Important Note : This is a re-edited version, but the recipe remains the same. I have just edited it with more information as I was novice when I wrote the same years back. Inconvenience regretted if caused as it is not intentional. I just wanted the blogging to be in proper style hence the re-edited version. Thank You.


** Here is the simple method of preparing "Karbev Chutney / Curry Leaves Rice with Chana dal and Peanuts" ... My Style ...

** Wash and cook one cup rice till 3/4th done in boiling water. Strain adding lots of cold water. Spread in a plate to cool. You can also use leftover rice if you have any or cook some extra if you intend to prepare this for dinner. 

** Wash and pressure cook 1/3 cup of chana dal to 4 whistle with little water and cool. (you can strain the water and use for Amti / Saar if added more). Mix rice, chana dal, salt and 3-4 heaped tablespoons of Karbeva chutney or as much as required. Mix well. Add in salt to taste after checking the prepared rice as the chutney already contain the same.

** For Tempering : Heat 2 tblsp of oil add in 1/2 tsp urad dal when color changes add 1 tsp rai (sasam), 8-10 curry leaves, 1/2 cup peanuts (I put in the Micro Waved ones as it consumes less oil and frying time), also add some crushed pepper. Pour over the rice and mix well. 

** "Karbev Chutney / Curry Leaves Rice with Chana dal and Peanuts" is done and ready to be served. Serve this immediately as it is or with any salad / raita or plain curds or your choice. A very simple yet tasty dish that can be prepared in a jiffy if you have karbeva chutney or any other spiced chutney ready at home. Do try this out and enjoy with your family and friends, I am sure they will love it and yes, you can take this in your lunch box too, I am sure your colleagues will love it. 

** Note : I have included many types of chutney powders in the Blog, please use the search option for the same. You can use the search option or go via the label section. Do try out the other recipes and chutney dishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.