Monday, December 8, 2014

Chilled Mosambi Juice.


“Chilled Mosambi juice” … is a drink I enjoyed sipping on the most from my childhood till date ... I am thankful to both Mom and Dad for introducing this coolant permanently into my lifestyle ... I still enjoy sipping on it and it is a must in my home, especially when summer creeps in and you feel energy being drained ... Yummilicious ...

** I can never say No to this simple delicious drink that I have enjoyed through childhood to date. My Late Father had the knack of selecting the best Mosambi that were sweet and juicy. It was somehow his forte and he was just too good in selecting them. I am indebted to him for teaching me marketing/ purchasing skills of buying veggies, fish, fruits etc. as I always tagged along behind him in his marketing ventures carrying large bags in my small hands. Oh! he did not even glance back, as he trusted me to follow him faithfully.

** He first took a few rounds of the market before really purchasing them and I ran behind him fascinated, in awe, my eyes rolling here and there looking at everything, trying to grasp everything I saw, even giggling at the grinning sellers trying to lure Dad into buying veggies/fish. Sigh, I miss dad and those marketing days and every time I see Mosambi, I remember him more so, as not only did he buy them, he also bought for me a huge glass of chilled mosambi juice when I worked in his office for a few years before marriage.

** On Mom's part she still insists that we drink it for overall good health and also in case of body weakness or fever or just not keeping well. The first thing she asks is have you had mosambi juice and she still asks us to add Glucose D in place of sugar to the juice. When summer creeps in there is a tendency of overall tiredness as the body prepares itself to the coming in of summer heat. During that period this is one of the best fruit juices to be had as it replaces the lost nutrients, so make a habit of having it instead of colas.

** Even now that habit of relishing mosambi juice insisted and brought about by my parents hangs on in me and i still love it the most. During normal days I add on sugar to it and when not in good health I add Glucose D powder. I always strongly recommend this juice to all my friends to make it sort of a habit with them and their families for good health. nowadays children switch on to aerated drinks or packed fruit juices which is not at all healthy, how much ever the tall claim that they are pure maybe, that's just their marketing skills but trust me ...... They are NOT.

** How can a fruit juice be healthy when prepared and kept months ahead, even if packaged hygienically on whatever recommended base. I understand the disability of some under problems who can not go in for fresh juices, but for those of who can do so, please take the trouble of doing so keeping aside laziness, remember you will burn some calories too if you work on preparing the same instead of just reaching out for ready one. Yes it that lazy habit and the ready accessibility to food that makes us reach out for ready to eat food kept on shelf in stores.

** So, the next time your hand reaches out to pick it out, hit at your knuckles and instead bring home fresh veggies and fruits and prepare them yourself, share it with your family and sip it in leisure yourself too. Check out the difference yourself,. you will not only love the fresh genuine flavor but will never go for packed ones for lifetime henceforth. Above all you will be instilling in your children and coming generation the habit of good food. It is never fair to blame the youngsters for their faults when you have never attempted to show them the right direction.

** Mosambi juice is very easy to prepare, you can use any more like, hand used juice, electric juicer or even blenders. My best suggestion is to buy a electric citrus juicer which is what I have in my home and trust me it has served me for a good 25 + years and is still running strong, or you can just use ordinary electric mixer too. You can also follow the age old traditional method of preparing it on that glassware citrus juicer by just cutting the fruit into half and squeezing it out on the juicer knob.

** If using mixer just peel off the skin. Open the segments and remove the seeds within put it in mixer grinder along with little bit water and run till done.

**Sieve the juice through a fine stainless steel sieve, add sugar to taste or Glucose D if you have body weakness, a few ice cubes if desired, mix well and serve immedistely.

** Always prepare fresh juice and relish it chilled, nothing beats this one in beating the rising heat, or body weakness ... it is one of the best thirst quenchers … Slurpilicious.

** Note : If using mixer grinder or juicer, you should remove the seeds from within or else the juice turns bitter in taste. That is the very reason the packaged ones have a strange smell, so avoid it, you and your famiky will be thankful in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.