Monday, May 11, 2020

Saffron-Cardamom-Whey Lemonade and Spicy Biscuit Rotti with Black Gram filling.


"Saffron- Cardamom flavored Whey Lemonade and Spicy Biscuit Rotti with ground Urad Dal (Black Gram) filling" ... the milk that got curdled courtesy "Fridge breaking down" was made into paneer, now the dilemma was to use the whey immediately .... so prepared 3 dishes with the whey water ... 
1. prepared the biscuit rotti dough with the whey water. 
2. prepared some lemonade to be served along with it and 
3. prepared tomato saar using up all the remaining whey which I will post in a while ... 
Remember no wasting food when it can be turned into something tastier ... I must admit all three dishes turned out very tasty .... Yummilicious .... 

** As mentioned my fridge has broken down and I have no option but to finish off those perishable items that cannot be stored, also under the situation no mechanic will attend. In the process the milk got curdled, so I prepared paneer out of the same. Luckily the freezer part is still working at 50% and is cold, so I manage some dishes by storing them there, I had to prepare ghee out of salted butter which I am doing so for the first time as always I prepare ghee with homemade butter. Well things are in bad shape, but compared to those suffering out there during this crisis moment my woes are nothing. Coming to whey, as I could not store it for a few days, I finished it off preparing three dishes in one go as whey is high in protein content, good for health and should never be discarded, so please use them in any dish of your choice. 

** I am sharing links to both the dishes in the picture above as I have already prepared and posted them here before, the only difference being that, this time I have used the whey water for both these recipes. The tomato saaru recipe, will be edited as a separate post as that I need to write down as I have added in ground masala while preparing the saar. Do go through the links and prepare the dishes as it is if you do not have whey, but this post is made with the thoughts of minimum wastage of whey water which many of my friends I found to my dismay just chuck it out. I have never done that despite the fact that I hardly prepared paneer at home, but whenever I did I used them in preparing of dough and the last time I even prepared tukdi dough using it. If you use imagination in preparing of dishes then it is always minimum wastage.

** Sharing below the "Method of preparing the Paneer (Indian Cheese/ Chenna)" at home and the collection of whey water too. If you want to prepare paneer at home, it is very easy and is the most hygienic thing to do if you love paneer dishes as you never know what is added on to store bought paneer as I too have heard bizzard stories about them. So go ahead and try it at home its very easy, and once you try out you will never purchase from stores. In addition you will also get both paneer and whey water and you can prepare many dishes using both of them adding in making of different dishes.
https://gayathrifoodbytes.blogspot.com/2019/07/homemade-paneer-from-skimmed-milk-cows.html#more

** For “Biscuit Rotti with ground Urad Dal (Black Gram) filling” … These Biscuit rotti’s (stuffed poori) are prepared exactly like how I always do which I have posted before. I will share the link so that you can check out the preparation method there, the only difference I made is I used whey water for binding of the outer dough, that’s it, rest of the recipe remains the same, so I will not repeat it again. I just need to mention here that to increase the spice level by about 1% while preparing with whey as it has a sweetish tinge and those who like spicy rotti, may find it slightly sweeter. Here is the link ….

** For “Saffron- Cardamom flavored Whey Lemonade (Sherbat)” … for preparing the lemonade too, the recipe is same as posted before and again here too I used whey water in place of water and I must mention here that it was very delicious, even better than the normal lemonade I am sharing, so do try this out it has some awesome aromatic taste and also a lovely colour which we in my home loved it very much. Again, here too, check and add in the sugar content than you normally do as I mentioned above the whey has a slight sweetish tinge. Also be careful with addition of lemon too as you have already added a little bit while preparing the paneer. 

** I am sure all of you agree that repeating of recipes is simply a waste of time and space and that is the sole purpose of sharing the links whenever I share combo meals/ thali etc. But if you find difficulty is following any recipe, you are more than welcome to approach me via mail or you can leave a comment here or in my fb page too. We are all passing through crisis and the pressure is building up as the days go by with no solution seen anywhere nearby. We have to stay strong, build stronger immunity and resistance power within us. So please stay at home eat good home cooked hot food and do exercise to keep yourself fit. Learn simple form of meditation it really gives peace of mind and I am writing this coz. this is exactly what I am doing, while hoping and praying for the best all the time. I have immense faith in God and I am sure he will sail us through this crisis unharmed. Stay fit, Stay Blessed, Stay at Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.