Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My Solo Fish Meal Thali~ 278.


"My Solo Fish Meal Thali~ 278 : Air Fried Potato Fries, Mori Hinga Randai/ Hummana (Small Shark Fish Curry seasoned with Asafoetida- Coconut Oil), Ukde SheetHa (Red Boiled Rice)" ... it is always a delight to relish your favorite curry with rice without much of side dish be it veggie or non-veg. and after hours of outdoor duty in scotching heat it is scrumptious to enjoy a simple tummy filling meal and then take a small nap ... Yummilicious .....

** Fish meals are a delight in themselves and you really don’t need anything else. I always remember my teenage days, when I often had fish curry rice plate with my friends and even after completion of my graduation, I used to go with my father to one small fish eatery where they served it with the fish we desired to it. Those were wonderful carefree days, when you enjoyed to the hilt without having to worry about anything.

** Though I do prepare a veggie/ bhaji- Upkari to serve along with it, I could not do so as I was supposed to go on outdoor official work which always takes a good 6 hours and if I delay at start then there is whole lot of a traffic issue to be faced on return making it that much more difficult. So after returning home I just prepared some air fried potatoes to be served along with fish curry rice plate as they can be prepared with 20 minutes.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Air Fried Potato Fries” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Mori Hinga Randai/ Hummana (Small Shark Fish Curry seasoned with Asafoetida- Coconut Oil)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Red Boiled Rice/Tambde Ukde Tandla sheetha/Urpel Ari /LaL Mota Chawal” … Cooking of Red Boiled Rice using Pressure Cooker. My easy way out. Cooking red boiled rice/ ukde sheetha is considered laborious and time consuming, but I use a faster method and get perfectly cooked rice using pressure cooker. Anybody can follow this simple method, cook and enjoy hot red ukada boiled rice with a spicy Veg / Non. Veg Curry …. Please follow the link given below for the method of cooking .....

** Note : If for any reason you do not want to cook Boiled Rice, you can try out the normal rice prepared using Surthi Kollam or Wada Kollam rice by the following method too, which is normally the method of cooking in almost every Konkani Saraswat Home …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.