Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Cinnamon Flavored Green Grapes- Tulsi Leaves- Chia Seeds Coolant topped with Almond Flakes.


“Cinnamon Flavored Green Grapes- Tulsi Leaves- Chia Seeds Coolant topped with Almond Flakes” … Sunday ho aur no juice aisatoh hohi nahin sakta ... it’s the season of grapes and we are also approaching summer so it helps to keep yourself well hydrated drinking plenty of water and fruit juices … Chia seeds, tulsi, cinnamon, almonds are all loaded with healthy nutrients, so added a little bit of all, sweetened adding on a little bit of jaggery powder … hey na ekdum badiyasi healthy drink and Oh! Yes, before I forget, I did not strain it in order to retain fiber … in all, a delicious tummy filling healthy drink … So, go for it this summer season, bhulna mattH … Yummilicious …

** I have written almost everything on the title so there is nothing much to write about here except to encourage all to try out various combinations of juices this summer and relish them chilled or just cold and increase your immunity levels. Tulsi, chia seeds, nutmeg are all health promoters and are advised to be included into our food as much as possible. Coming to tulsi, I remember our Param Poojya Dhrama Guru Sadguru Srimad Sudheendra Theertha Swamiji (31.03.1926 - 17.01.2016) advicing all at one of their pravachan at Suratkal Temple/ MattH on the benefits of having a Tulsi vrindavan on the entrance of home. They explained both spiritual and health benefits of tulsi and that was the first time I saw this beautiful plant in different light, the overall benefits, the piousness and many more.

** Our ignorance on spiritual matters or health matters are always put to test in our own homes many a times as to when questioned by others we are unable to give a befitting reply. Unfortunately I cannot grow any plants in my home for lack of sunlight facility and that is something I really miss otherwise which I would have been the owner of a beautiful balcony garden. But I have planted 4 tulsi plant in my grill which lives for about 4-5 months after which somehow it does not remain, so I replace them with new ones. Ajwain plant somehow lives thought the leaves do not grow larger in size but then I get them to use them fresh in preparation of chutney and tulsi I get to use when preparing kashaya and above all to offer at lotus feed of my home deities specially during festive days.

** When I prepared this coolant with green grapes which are plenty in season now, I wanted to make it healthier and boost its immunity level as that is the prime need of the day now. At the same time, I did not want to make a mess out of my juice and keep it simple too. So I came up with this version after giving it a lot of thought. All the ingredients are easily available at home, as in, most tulsi plant is grown, if not too, they are easily available with flower vendors on daily basis too, so no worries. Always make best use of this wonderful life saver plant and before I forget I will give you another tip, tulsi leaves breath out oxygen which is pure, so make it a point to inhale the air/ pure oxygen around your plant at least for 5 minutes each day to keep yourselves fit and build your immunity levels.

** Here is how I prepared “Cinnamon Flavored Green Grapes- Tulsi Leaves- Chia Seeds Coolant topped with Almond Flakes” … my very own recipe …

** Soak 1 tblsp of chia seeds in ½ cup of fresh clean water. Cover and keep it aside for about 30 minutes for the seeds to get soaked in and it will turn into jelly like liquid.

** Wash and drain well about 250 gms of green grapes and put it into a mixer grinder along with 15-20 fresh tulsi leaves that are also washed well. Add ½ tsp of cinnamon (tike saal) powder, 2 tblsp of jaggery powder and grind to a puree.

** Check out and add in half a cup of cold water if necessary and once again grind all well together. I have not ground to a very fine paste, but retained slightly coarse texture for obtaining good fiber content.

** Remove and add it into a vessel along with the soaked chia seeds with water and mix well. If you find it too thick, add some chilled water and bring to desired consistency. If needed you can add some jaggery powder too as the sweetness depends on grapes.

** You can place this prepared coolant/ juice in fridge to get cooled but I always use cold water while grinding so that I can serve it immediately as many a times on storing fruit juices tend to lose out on their nutrient levels and at times ferment too.

** “Cinnamon Flavored Green Grapes- Tulsi Leaves- Chia Seeds Coolant topped with Almond Flakes” is done and ready to be served. Serve them in tall glasses topped with a few almond slivers/ flakes as the crunch tastes awesome while sipping on the same.

** Do try out this special delicious drink and reap in loads of nutrient benefits, its time to brush aside those artificial carbonated drinks that does nothing good for your health, in fact it does more harm than you can think off, keep your children away from it except occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.