Friday, March 26, 2021

Muskmelon with Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Syrup and Almond Slivers.


"Muskmelon (Chibbada) topped with Vanilla Ice Cream (Stores) and Chocolate Syrup along with some Almond Slivers" ... simple dessert that is very refreshing to relish during summer or when the heat is on ... Yummilicious ...

** I have always loved fruit salads ice creams more than just ice creams served. I have no much of a desire to relish ice creams and often offer my ice cream to others after having just a few spoons. That is the very reason I guess you see less of Ice cream preparations posted in my blog. But then my hubby loves ice creams and can finish of the whole pack in 2 days, so I guess I must try out some more variations for his sake. Well, lets hope I come up with them soon this summer as last summer ie 2020 went off in a whole mess which I shudder to think off. The anxiety of covid was doubled with addition of breaking down of my refrigerator and there was absolutely no way of going out to purchase one due to lock down and I silently had to suffer for a good 3 months managing the show haphazardly.

** Anyway, coming to ice cream, fruit salad topped with vanilla ice cream, is something I can never say no to. There is this offer of huge family pack of vanilla ice cream during summer months which I often purchase and store in my fridge. And most of the time I mix some fruits and top it with ice cream and a dash of some chocolate or strawberry syrups/ toppings which are also easily available in stores. These syrups are also easily prepared at home, but it is economical when it comes for 2 servings to buy them and also the unnecessary addition of work cuts down and above all recently, I saw that many flavors have flooded the market, though I have yet to purchase them. Off course, soon I will before we run out of summer season as later on there is no point in having them, summer time screams for ice creams.

** Preparation of "Muskmelon (Chibbada) topped with Vanilla Ice Cream (Stores) and Chocolate Syrup along with some Almond Slivers" dessert is easy and there is nothing much to it, here is how I went about it ….

** Wash, rub dry and then slice off the outer skin as thinly as possible of a ripe muskmelon/ chibbada. Cut it into small pieces after removing the inner seeds and the attached jelly like flesh to it. Put it in a bowl and add sugar and mix well (optional) depending upon the sweetness of the muskmelon, I have not added any as I avoid unnecessary addition of sugar, also topping with ice cream and flavored syrup adds to sweetness, so check out and add only if desired, though children may demand for the same. Put this in fridge to get chilled for about 2-3 hours or overnight, whichever is convenient to you depending upon when you need it.

** Note : Do not discard the inner seed and the jelly like flesh attached to the muskmelon as it is loaded with healthy nutrients and can be used in preparation of a few dishes. It has lot of coolant properties and is good to be consumed during summer when the heat is at its worst. You can either prepare a coolant drink or you can prepare tambuli using them, which I have posted earlier, just use the search/ label option with key words and you will find it, or you can mail in the query or add a comment too and I will do the needful.

** I have used store bought Vanilla Ice Cream here, you can use any homemade Ice Cream the flavor or prepared using fruits of your choice too. Just add in the muskmelon pieces to serving bowl till half covered, top it with 2 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream and a tablespoon of Chocolate Syrup/ topping or any other flavor you prefer and then sprinkle a tablespoon of almond slivers/ pieces or any other dry fruit like cashew nuts or roasted melons or of your choice. It all tastes great giving a crunch to the dessert while relishing. Serve immediately once you have assembled the fruit salad ice cream before it melts which if done does not taste very good as the vanilla ice cream turns into a sweet water base, sort of sweet milk. 

** Always insists that your children to eat fruit salad ice creams in place of plain ice creams. This way you can ensure that they eat plenty of mixed fruits and dry fruits used as topping and also cut down on unnecessary calorie intake of ice cream. You can add in any flavored jelly crystals too which is also another healthy option. I often prepare it, but this time it was a last minute decision, so I could not prepare the same. Do try out various options from the posts in blog which include with addition of fruits and custard, parfait, etc. They are all healthier options of dessert though calorie wise they are higher but then safer than the artificial flavored coke, drinks or other desserts like pastries with heaps of cream. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.