Thursday, March 4, 2021

"My Non- Veg. Thali 272.


"My Non- Veg. Thali 272 : Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Batate Hinga Randai/ Hummana Narlel Tela Ghalnu (Potato Curry with Asafoetida- Coconut Oil), Vatane Bhaat (Green Peas Spiced Pulav), Tallele Visonu (King Fish/ Surmai Fry), Kadge Chakko (Raw Jackfruit Dry Curry)" ... I had a little bit of each veggies which needed to be finished off including those fish pieces ... fridge cleared and done with a delicious platter meal ... Yummilicious ...

** This is one delightful meal that was unplanned and prepared, but nevertheless a delightful one. I had finished cooking almost all the dishes when I just checked out my fridge and noted in dismay that the vatana/green peas and the kadgi/ raw jackfruit both were overdue to be cooked or else would have to be chucked out and would run waste if not prepared immediately. As I always have coconut gratings ready in my freezer preparing chakko was breeze work as the same had also been cut and stored over the days. 

** Preparation of pulav took some time, not that I went on to prepare a elaborate recipe, I just kept it simple as luckily I had not cooked rice yet, so that saved some thoughts otherwise I would have to come up with some other dish. As I always soak the jeera rice for minimum 20 minutes, that was first which I did while I went ahead preparing the rest preparations, by the time the rice was soaked and ready, prepared it in pressure cooker to save time and hubby was all but surprised and happy looking at the wonderful platter. 

** Sometimes you just go ahead with your plans to prepare something but end up doing something quite different, unplanned dishes cropping up on last minutes have now become a norm in my home as wastage of food is something I never like, if you find that the veggies will not last, cook them into dishes and then store them in the fridge just like how I did with the excess chakko, as it tastes wonderful without losing taste when there is masala in it. The added bonus always is the next day you are free to attend to some other work as you already have atleast a portion of the meal ready. Enjoy this yummy thali, we did and hoping for more.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Batate Hinga Randai/ Hummana Narlel Tela Ghalnu (Potato Curry with Asafoetida- Coconut Oil)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Vatane Bhaat (Green Peas Spiced Pulav)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** ** For “Tallele Visonu (King Fish/ Surmai Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Kadgi Chakko (Raw Jackfruit dry Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.