Saturday, March 6, 2021

Sweet Corn- Carrot- Onion Koshimbir (Salad).


"Sweet Corn- Carrot- Onion Koshimbir (Salad)" ... simple healthy koshimbir served as side dish for lunch along with other dishes ... Yummilicious ...

** Here is a simple koshimbir/ salad that can be had as it is or as a side dish with other dishes. All of us sometimes prefer to keep the dinner light specially so if we have had a heavy dinner. This salad serves the purpose equally well as it is loaded with fiber which will aid in digestion of the heavy food consumed. Again, you should combine a high fiber koshimbir or at least a veggie bhaji along with you non-veg thali food for the very same purpose, which is what I do. Today was a fish meal day with both spicy fish curry and fries so I prepared this delicious fiber as a side dish and it was an excellent combo.

** There is nothing such as a recipe when it comes to salads as all you need to do is assemble veggies that are suitable to be prepared into a salad, spice it up, toss it and serve it immediately and the job is done. In my home these are frequently prepared in various combinations and I always keep veggies handy in fridge as with my type of job where sometimes I need to go out, I may return late or tired and then I really have no energy to go to kitchen to cook, I am sure you agree. I have now stopped placing an home order for food and just stick to salads as they are filling and healthier too.

** Here is my simple method of preparing "Sweet Corn- Carrot- Onion Koshimbir (Salad)" …

** Wash half a cup of sweet corn kernels (jolu/ makkai), drain well and microwave it in glassware dish for about 2 minutes, cool and keep it aside ready. You can also put it in a pan, sprinkle some water and cook on gas on low heat for 3-4 minutes.

** Wash, rub dry and peel off the outer skin of one medium sized carrot (gajar), grate it and add it into a stainless steel wide bowl. Peel of the outer skin one medium sized onion (piyav/ kanda) and chop it finely, add to the carrots in the bowl along with the cooled corn.

** To the above ingredients add in 2-3 finely chopped green chillies (hari mirchi/ tarni mirsanga), salt (namak/ meeta) to taste, handful of finely chopped coriander leaves (kothambari pallo/ dhania) and mix all together and keep it ready aside.

** Just before serving freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon (nimboo/ lmibiyo). Toss all together and in any spices if necessary after checking out. You can add in a pinch of hing powder if you like, I do and the salad is ready to be served immediately.

"Sweet Corn- Carrot- Onion Koshimbir (Salad)" is done and ready to be served. You can serve this as it for dinner if you like having only salad or with a roti or so or you can serve it as a side dish with other dishes in thali as I did, do try this one out, tastes wonderful.

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.