Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Combo Meals Thali~ 277.


"My Combo Meals Thali~ 277 : Malvani Black Peas (Kala Vatana) Curry" served with Jeera Rice and Mumbai Pav (Bread) ... a very spicy delicious curry that tastes awesome served with simple flavored rice or pav ... Yummilicious ...

** As I mentioned on the main dish posting of Malvani Black Peas curry, this is definitely a delicious dish prepared slightly on the spicier level literally bringing tears of joy when relishing. Black peas/ kala vatana is a pulse I hardly use as it takes longer time to cook and still remains on firmer side, which is not liked in my home and I have also found that it creates a little bit of gas in the tummy. Nevertheless I do prepare it twice in a year, as it does have a unique taste of its own when prepared into curry that gets imparted to the dish in such a way that the dish turns totally outstanding.

** However, it is a pulse loved by many in northern parts of India, more than southern part and I have often come across dishes prepared using the same, so do not be discouraged by the time taken in cooking, but go ahead and give it a try and I am sure you and your family will love it very much. The curry is my own mix and match combinations of ingredients, that which I prepare with other peas too as my hubby’s loves it very much and insists on relishing it with pav/ Mumbai bread on monthly basis. As mentioned, earlier the dish tastes best when prepared very spicy and somehow loses on taste if not done.

** Though I somehow do not like very spicy curries hubby wants it exactly that way, sort of dropping tears of joy while eating. I always wonder at that craziness when he says that some curries tastes best when a few drops of tears roll down when relished spicy. Ouch, not my style, but then since I prepare it exclusively for him its ok, I just add in another blob of butter in my bowl, make it slightly thinner by adding in extra hot water and relish it my way or at times I add in finely chopped onions and tomatoes, top it with farsan/ chooda make it into a sort of missal pav style and relish the same, this cuts down the spice level.

** I have written all about the awesome way of preparing the curry in the curry post itself, so will be sharing the link to it here as this is a combo meals post that has been started on request so that it becomes easier on pairing dishes. Go ahead and do make your own combinations of serving the way your family prefers and loves to have as each one has different desires. But if in doubt about the same, then you can try out the posted combo and enjoy with your family and friends, they are sure to love this one out and if you have guest don’t worry, you can just serve some hot soup as starter and then end with a dessert of gulab jamuns as that will balance the spicy meal ending on a sweeter note.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Malvani Black Peas (Kala Vatana) Curry" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Jeera Rice” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** Pav/ Mumbai Bread is purchase from bakery which is easily available in every nook and corner in Mumbai. Rather a very famous bread that is must or should I say lifeline of many Mumbaikars.

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.