Monday, March 9, 2020

My Delicious Veg. Thali 182.


"My Delicious Veg. Thali 182 : Butterscotch Sheera topped with Almond Slivers (Dessert), Kooka Upkari (Chinese Potato Bhaji/Stir Fry), Matti Gulla Bajo (Green Brinjal Bajia/Fries), Donne Mirsange Bajo (Capsicum Bajia/Fries), Tomato Saaru (Saar), SheetHa (Rice), Tambdi Bajji Bhendi/ Koddel (Red Amaranth Leaves Curry seasoned with Garlic)" ... special Women's Day preparation for all my dear friends here who have made my life such a beautiful journey ... Thank you will definitely be a small word ... God Bless All ... 

** I have never understood the funda of Women’s Day, at least for me it’s like any other days. I go about doing all my home and office work not to mention the kitchen work. But yes, it is great to feel that one day is marked to celebrate women hood. But personally the right time to enjoy this day would be when each women round the world is able to stand shoulder to shoulder with men of this world who still enjoy more benefits than women. It is the same story all round the world, justice is either denied or delayed which should not be the case. Women are vulnerable physically, though mentally stronger than men are. The biological difference is that which is taken for granted and made fun off, tortured and abused off, not to mention body shamming. But, I am hopeful that a day will come when the fear of severe punishment in case of injustice done against women will keep men at bay and make them realize that women too have all equal rights in every field to work and to stand tall in this society. But, then it will be wrong to judge all men with the same yard stick, there are so many wonderful and considerate men out there too, and I have come across so many of them. 

** As we celebrate our women’s day let's not forget to also thank those men who have stood by us through thick and thin. In my case the first man in my life whom I look up to is my father, such a great gentleman who never cringed that he had all daughters and no sons. Sadly, he is no more, been 22 yrs since he left for his heavenly abode, though I miss him, his guidance, his advice till date, I am also thankful to him for giving us good education and seeing to it that we firmly on our own feet, independent in our thoughts, yet he also saw to it that we were all well mannered without looking down upon anybody in life. Then comes into my life my hubby, who never differentiates between genders though he himself never had a sister. But he always respects women and I will remain indebted to him in my life for all the guidance he gave me. He has stood by me through all the storms which we were unfortunate to have to go through in complete faith and trust. His positive attitude towards life has always been the backbone of our married life. I can never thank him enough for venturing into business so that I could work with him without having to go out for job elsewhere. 

** But the most influential person in every one’s life is Mother, the strongest person of the home, that is built and taken care off with love by her. My Mother is a very strong person, that she can give me a run at the age of 86. Her never give up attitude is something I have learnt from her. She has always encouraged us to work in any field of our choice. She has always made us believe that one should earn one’s living in dignity how much ever little it be. To date, she is my sound board to whom I bare my soul without any hesitation as I know, though unable to do anything much about it, she will definitely listen with a patient ear. A great women, who stood by my Dad through the worst and the best of time, took care of him till God took him away untimely for her. She has slogged all her life, without resting, just like my father and built a great home for a large family. I have not a single memory of her or my father ever having raised their voice on us, forget about a spank. I thank God, for giving me these three wonderful people in my life without whom I am not ashamed to say that I am Zero and if there are more lives, I pray God to give them back to me again and again. 


** Sharing the links below to each of the recipes in the Thali above as is my regular pattern with thali dishes. I prepared this simple veg. thali on Women’s Day as a mark of gratitude to all those wonderful people out there who have made my journey of life such a wonderful one … 

1.. For “Butterscotch Sheera topped with Almond Slivers (Dessert)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For “Kooka Upkari (Chinese Potato Bhaji/Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For “Matti Gulla Bajo (Green Brinjal Bajia/Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Donne Mirsange Bajo (Capsicum Bajia/Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For “Tomato Saaru (Saar), SheetHa (Rice)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For “Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa” … Rice cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch. The rice remains well cooked without sticking to each other … Do try this formula / method of cooking as it is very healthy ...

7. For “Tambdi Bajji Bhendi/ Koddel (Red Amaranth Leaves Curry seasoned with Garlic)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/ Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.