Thursday, March 19, 2020

My Pejje Jevan/ Thali 185.


"My Pejje Jevan/ Thali 185 : Tarni Kadgi-Ambuli Adgai (Tender Raw Jackfruit- Raw Mango Pickle), Batate Katla Upkari (Potato Bhaji/Stir Fry), Pikkile Nendrabale Kele Podi (Ripe Banana Fries), Ukde SheetHa Pejja/ Kanji (Red Boiled Rice Porridge) topped with homemade Toopa (Ghee)" ... after preparing adgai I had to relish pejja ... so today's lunch was simple ganji oota ... Yummilicious ... 

** Here is a healthy pejje jevan prepared to pep up the mood. I had prepared "Adgai" a pickle from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine that loved by one and all. Though it can be prepared with a few types of veggies, the most famous is the one with raw jackfruit and raw mango added together which is now in season. I written about the same in the post, so will not repeat the same again. To cut short, Adgai tastes great with pejja/ ganji/ porridge so prepared the same today. Also the mood round the word, not to mention in families is really worrisome. Every individual round the world is filled with anxiety about the future and care of their loved ones. The situation everywhere is really pathetic, something that had been unheard of for over decades now. The “Corona Virus- COVID-19” the deadly virus to which there is no Medication/ Vaccination has hit worldwide raising death tolls all round the world. There is nothing for me to write that the world is not aware of, and I just do not want to create panic though my heart goes out to those stuck in bad situations. All we can do is pray to God for the safety of each individual round the world. 

** Though, I am really not in mood do go about as though nothing is amiss, to keep myself and my families mind occupied I prepare dishes and serve them hot, Oh, yes, just consume hot and cooked food and avoid cold and non cooked or outside food as much as possible. If not possible to cook much, which is understandable under the present condition, you can always go in for Pejja/ Rice Porridge or Rice-Moong Dal Khichidi which is very healthy. See to it that you stock up for about 2 weeks time the same. And please do not stock excess food and create shortage for others there is no need to panic, our Government is capable of feeding all as and when time rises. Here is my today’s lunch to which recipes, I am sharing links below as is my usual practice. Do try them out as these are the easiest and fastest dishes that can be prepared and served. Also hot food is the necessity of the time, so go for it. Requesting all to stay at home if possible, do not travel or let children play outside, please maintain distance, stay safe, take care of your hygiene and be very careful, don’t play with yours, your family’s and your neighbors lives. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

1.. For “Tarni Kadgi-Ambuli Adgai (Tender Raw Jackfruit- Raw Mango Pickle)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

2. For “Batate Katla Upkari (Potato Bhaji/Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For “Pikkile Nendrabale Kele Podi (Ripe Banana Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Ukde SheetHa Pejja/ Kanji (Red Boiled Rice Porridge)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.