Friday, March 20, 2020

Delicious~Crisp Air Fried Purple Yam Finger Fries.


"Delicious~Crisp Air Fried Purple Yam Finger Fries" served with Ginger- Pepper Lemonade ... a snack to relish to kill away boredom or for that in between hunger ... somehow my newly purchased Air-Fryer was just sitting glum for two years ... finally it makes me and the fryer both happy as it is being put to use now almost on daily basis ... fantastic way to cut down on oil ... purple yam also known as Kand/ Con, turned out kurkuri/ crisp and tasted delicious dunked in tomato ketchup (stores) ... in all a wonderful snack break ... Stay Healthy- Stay Safe- Spread Awareness ....... 

** Here is an delicious snack prepared in my Air Fryer after an hiatus of around 2 yrs. Sometimes somethings just never happen to be done as and how we wish. One such thing is using of my newly purchased Air Fryer 2 yrs back. It arrived at a time when I had to undergo cataract surgery and so just got sidelined and remained just there glumly though I looked at it everyday with decision that I would prepare something the next day. I had been deep frying a lot recently for the sake of combo dishes or thali, which I felt was slowly turning to obsession. I wanted to try out either tava fry or roasting so decided to finally give air fryer the due respect and prepare something in it. I did prepare potato finger fries when it was new, though I did not click pictures nor blogged it. So tried out purple yam finger fries exactly using the same method that which we use for deep fried potato french fries except for deep frying and I got crisp and lovely fries in my Air Fryer. I have yet to master this art of correct temperature etc. and if you are aware of the same, do give your own variation in temperature settings and it would be lovely if you could send me a message on the same too. 


 ** Here is my simple method of preparing "Delicious~ Crisp Air Fried Purple Yam Finger Fries” … My Style … 

** I have used about 250 gms of Purple Yam/ Kand/ Con for this recipe. 

** Slice off the thick muddy outer skin of the purple Yam/ Kand/ Con and cut them into julienne of 2-3 inches length and 1/8 inch thickness. Put them into a bowl of cool water and wash well. Drain off water and once again add in the enough water to soak the pieces and keep it aside covered for about 20 minutes. 

** Soaking of tuber veggies releases the excess starch from it making it easier to cook and crispier sooner. After soaking time, gently wash the pieces and rinse twice in plenty of water. Put it in an colander and keep it aside for 5 minutes for the water to drain. Now put it on a clean cloth and pat it dry to remove water traces. 


** Put the pieces in a stainless steel bowl and add in salt to taste along with ½ tsp of oil and mix well. Now add this into the Air Fryer wire gauge bowl and air fry at the temperature of around 180-200 deg for 7 minutes. Open mix well and run the machine once again for 5 minutes and then at interval of 3-4 minutes till crisp and done. 

** Remove the Air fried Purple Yam/ Kand/ Con pieces from the air fryer and add it back into the stainless steel bowl. Now sprinkle spices of your choice like either black pepper powder, red chilly powder, chat masasla or any other and toss well. I have not added any as I served with tomato ketchup. 


** "Delicious~Crisp Air Fried Purple Yam Finger Fries” are done and ready to be served. Serve them immediately with tomato ketchup as it tastes great that way. You can serve them with added on spices or with chutney too or any veggie dips and it turns great. I just served them with store bought tomato ketchup and it was wonderful to munch on. Now, I hope I will be using Air fryer more often but I have yet to learn the technique but will do so soon enough. 

** Note : Air fryer method serves best in case of small family as the machine is always small in size and holds minimum quantity only. So for larger families I guess you will have to try out deep frying method to save on time and consumption of electricity too. 

** Note: The timings and temperatures for air frying of dishes always vary from machine to machine, so I suggest you always go through the instruction booklet of your own machine for proper guidance. 

** Sharing the link for “Ginger- Pepper Lemonade” that I served along with the fries below … 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.