Wednesday, March 4, 2020

My Simple Amchi Veg. Thali~180.


"My Simple Amchi Veg. Thali~180 : Matti Gulla- Mashinga Sanga Sagle (Udupi Green Brinjal- Drumstick Curry), French Beans Upkari (Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal) and SheetHa (Rice)" I like eating kele kachri/ banana wafers with lunch, they are store bought ... In all a delicious simple weekend lunch as I was very busy with other commitments ... Yummilicious ….. 

** This is a simple Veggie meal but for the sagle/curry prepared using Matti Gulla /green brinjal from the district of Udupi from Karnataka. I written about this brinjal in my posts before of how people in and around this place including Mangalore love to relish them when in season. We do get them in Mumbai, in the southern stores ie Mangalore Stores at times, but somehow for me it is always difficult to purchase the same. My happiness knew no bounds when one of my hubby’s friend gave us a few of these which he had brought in bulk from his Udupi visit. God Bless him, I prepared many dishes using them sparingly and had my fill of the same. Again coming to Banana Wafers/Chips these are prepared using cooking bananas once again from southern parts of India known as Nendrabale and when ripe can be steamed and relished too. Bajias and Podi are also prepared of the same while the most sought after ones are the halwa again famous in the city of Mangalore which every Mangalorean loves to relish. 

** Well, I do prepare the wafers when I can lay my hands of the raw bananas, but these are store bought which I love to always relish with Dalitoy and Rice for lunch. I will be sharing a link to the preparation method of these chips for those of you who would love to try them out at home as they have already been shared in the blog before. And the French beans upkari/bhaji is again a favorite of all. So in all, I must say a simple but delicious lunch/meal and we love such meals a lot as it does give soul satisfaction. These are great meals to be had on weekends when you get enough time to cook. As you all know, I have already made individual post of the dishes in the thali and will be sharing the link to each dish below as is my usual pattern with Thali. Do go through the links of the individual dishes for the recipe and if you find any difficulty or are not able to follow something you can always leave a comment or mail me, I will be glad to help. Do try out the dishes and enjoy with your family and friends. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the Thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1.. For the method of preparing “Nendrabale Kele/Wafers”, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the “Matti Gulla- Mashinga Sanga Sagle (Udupi Green Brinjal- Drumstick Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

3. For "Simple Green French Beans Upkari / Bhaji" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)" …. A delicious Konkani Saraswat Dal that tastes well with rice. A must during every meal in our community, we simply love our dal with rice. 

5. For “Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa” … Rice cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch. The rice remains well cooked without sticking to each other … Do try this formula / method of cooking as it is very healthy 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/ Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.