Thursday, February 4, 2021

My Veg. Thali~ 264.


“My Veg. Thali~ 264 : Bajjile Pappodu (Roasted Papad), Avnasa- Draksha Sasam (Pineapple- Grapes Curry), Batato- Piyava Upkari (Potato- Onion Bhaji), Masoor- Bottle Gourd (Gardudde) Sambar, SheetHa (Rice)” … in Mumbai it is always difficult to get grapes and mangoes together where I stay though pineapple is always available … so the usual combo of avnasa- ambo- draksha sasam is difficult unless mango season starts early … so when grapes are in season I prepare the same with pineapple and if lucky then with three in combo or else it is again only ambo with avanas … but sasam in any combo is a must at least 3-4 times a year … Yummilicious ...

** Sometimes some thali’s happen by accidentally or let us say unplanned. I had prepared masoor sambar for lunch and was thinking of keeping it simple with just potato onion bhaji as side dish, so just finished all my kitchen work and left for my office. Hubby had to go out on some work, on his way back her remembered that I had asked him to bring pineapple and grapes which he did so and I was not knowing what to say about it. Frankly, I did ask him to bring it which was almost a week back which then he had forgotten and now when he brought unexpectedly, I was not prepared for it as my health was not keeping very good.

** During winter, my backache and neck issues always crop up and I am all the time complaining of aches. So, I do not take in additional efforts but keep my work simple, added to the agony in Thane, where I live this time the weather is really not good, it's too cold for my liking or for my health. But then when it comes to cooking I never crib much as its my passion and sort of lifeline. I went home 30 minutes early in the noon, luckily I always have grated coconut in my freezer which is a routine followed over years. You should try out this technique of storing in freezer in steel dabbas too if you are working women, it saves loads of time.

** The pineapple too was all cleaned and I just need to chop it, cook it lightly, which I microwaved another boon for women in hurry, I just cant do without some of my electronic machines. I ground the masala added on along with the cooked pineapple, added on grapes chopping them and there it was all done and ready for lunch within no time. The Thali which I had never planned to click came about, and I am sure was I prepared ahead, I would definitely added on a few bajo/ bajia/ fritters in place of papad. Anyways,  that's life, always unpredictable throwing surprises one by one and we should go about it happily.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Bajjile Pappodu (Roasted Papad)” … I just used easily available store bought papads and roasted them on open flame and served.

** For “Avnasa- Draksha Sasam (Pineapple- Grapes Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, as the recipe remains the same except for the addition of apple ….

** For “Batato- Piyava Upkari (Potato- Onion Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Masoor- Bottle Gourd (Gardudde) Sambar” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, as the recipe remains the same except that in place of radish here bottle gourd has been added on ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.