Friday, February 12, 2021

My Veg~ Non-Veg. Thali 267.


“My Veg~ Non-Veg. Thali 267 : Gajjar (Carrot) Salad, Sungta Hinga Randai with Narlel Tela (Prawn Curry with Asafoetida and Coconut Oil), Kadge Chakko (Raw Jackfruit Dry Curry), Tomato Saaru (Saar), SheetHa (Rice)” … Masala dishes are always a delight to relish with rice … once again a combo of two masala dishes …a little bit of each dish for both veggies and non-veggies along with everybody’s favorite tomato saaru and healthy salad to complete the meal … definitely a hearty meal for all with their own choices … Yummilicious …

** A thali that can be relished by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Well this is a meal that was actually veggie that changed its course to non-veg late in the noon. I think my fish vendor is making a habit of selling me fish that she wants to finish off in her hurry to go home. This is happening frequently to my amusement and my dishes in thali gets added on coz. of it. I had prepared chakko, salad, saaru to be served with rice before leaving to office and here she comes with prawns all cleaned and ready to cook and persuades me to buy them with a sheepish grin. Well since she had done all the work and all I had to do was cook it I obliged (well how could I say no to prawns ?) and went home and cooked it and another dish got added to my thali.

** Luckily there is always grated coconut in my freezer which makes cooking on weekdays easier for me. I strongly believe in the saying that in life things never work out as planned every time, sometimes things are bound to happen, be it with life or with cooking and there is nothing much you can do about it but go with the flow. So, never crib or be heartbroken, move ahead with positive attitude and all works fine. Had I thought who is going to cook this fish now, we would not have enjoyed a good meal, Isn’t it? Life is all about adjustments, and those who do not do that are always unsatisfied, which is not what I want. I always count my blessings, in place of issues and that always keeps me happy. Try adopting it in your life too and you will never be unhappy. God Bless all.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Gajjar (Carrot) Salad”, I just grated those beautiful brick red color carrots available now after peeling off the outer skin with potato scrapper. I just added on a few green chilly cut into pieces, salt to taste and a dash of lemon freshly squeezed, that it, simple as my hubby loves it this way, try it if you have not, does not take much time and is healthier too.

** For “Sungta Hinga Randai with Narlel Tela (Prawn Curry with Asafoetida and Coconut Oil)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Kadgi Chakko (Raw Jackfruit dry Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Tomato Saaru (Saar)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.