Friday, February 19, 2021

Pineapple Strawberry Juice.


“Pineapple Strawberry Juice" ... fruit juices are a delightful thirst quenchers that can be relished anytime of the day though it is best to have them at mid morning when you want to take a break from work for a short rest … these juices put back energy into us and make us that much more alert and active to get along till lunch break … Yummilicious …

** The credit for this awesome combo juice goes to my friend Shyamala Shenoy ... Thanks dear, it was slurpilicious ...

** Fruit Juice is my favorite from childhood, though during growing up years it was mostly mousambi juice or lemon juice but then I always relished drinking them. After starting up on business and my office and home being nearby I always preferred having a mid morning break with a large glass of juice as often we went home for lunch very late and breakfast was early too. It stopped us from getting famished while dealing with loads of official work. The habit of having a coolant at mid morning has been formed for over 3 decades now and still continues, as both hubby and me love to have them.

** I always try various combinations be it preparation of juices or dishes too. It is one of my favorite hobby to do so and I get immense satisfaction when it turns out perfect and if not I go about it till it does. Mix and match in fruit juices also known as mocktails are also lovely to relish and I try them a lot especially during summer months. I never hesitate to try them out when my friends share their own too and in my food group Konkani Delicacies when my friend Shyamala shared this one, I was very eager to try it, as I had both pineapple and strawberries at home I did so immediately and it was simply awesome.

** Here is the simple recipe for “Pineapple Strawberry Juice" …


** You will need about 2-3 cups of edible pineapple (avnas/ ananas) pieces after the outer thick skin, the eye portions on them is removed. You can add the inner core of the pineapple while preparing the juice, I do, as we are going to grind them and later on strain the same, so do not discard it.

** Wash and wipe 10-12 strawberries, slice off the stem portion and then roughly chop it to pieces. Put the pineapple and strawberry pieces into a mixer grinder along with 2 cups of chilled water and grind to a very smooth textured paste, add more water if necessary, but in all it should not go above 3 cups.

** Remove the ground paste and sieve through a very fine stainless steel sieve adding on another cup of chilled water. Add in sugar (shakkar) to taste as per individual taste along with a very small pinch of rock salt (kala namak) and mix well till the sugar has melted well, you can replace sugar with jaggery (gud) too if desired.

** “Pineapple Strawberry Juice" is done and ready to be served topped with a few ice cubes if desired or you can put it in fridge for an hour or so too. A delicious healthy drink loaded with good minerals and nutrition, so do include this one into your food habit and reap in the health benefits. Thirst quenchers are always far way better than store bought colas, so make it a habit of having them with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.