Sunday, February 7, 2021

My Simple Veg. Thali 265


“My Simple Veg. Thali 265 : Jeevi Tori-Kooka Koddel (Fresh Pigeon Peas- Chinese Potato Curry), SheetHa (Rice), Kananga Bajo (Sweet Potato Fries), Mullangi Raita (Radish Curd Salad)” … keeping meal options simpler with few options but nevertheless tasty one … with koddel and rice I really don’t need anything else on my thali, but then a few bajos are always welcome and raita is always added on for healthier option …. Yummilicious ....

** A simple traditional dishes thali from Konkani Saraswat Cusine for my meal here today. I am trying my level best to make the meals simpler and tastier keeping in my our own dishes, as I keep getting more request for them now. Koddel, a garlic seasoned curry served with rice is always a delight to relish and I really do not need any other dishes along with it, so will you. Bajo/ Bajia are a additional pleasure to munch on if served as in my home though I really try to cut down on fried stuff earnestly, somehow I always end up preparing a few. My family always gives me a sound hearing on this desire to eat fried stuff and I always retire into the night firmly with a resolution to do so and on waking up too, I stick to it but come noon and I get the urge just to fry a few. 

** I have cut down a lot and now do not serve more than a few pieces, so to all out there too, I suggest eating just one or two in place of a plate full of them and if you see them added on in more numbers in my pictures posted by me remember that’s its just for the click and will get divided on serving. Health in wealth and there is always another day to relish a few more, so do not reach out to that plate full of fries in one go. Well mullangi/ radish raita is a salad loved by my hubby so when there is radish at home, it is sort of a must. By and large I always include a salad or a upkari/bhaji in my thali almost on daily basis and you should too. It is healthier and will fill your tummy and make you eat lesser of other dishes filled with calories … Go ahead and enjoy the meal.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Jeevi Tori-Kooka Koddel (Fresh Pigeon Peas- Chinese Potato Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Kananga Bajo (Sweet Potato Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Mullangi Raita (Radish Curd Salad)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, though for this particular one I have not seasoned/ tempered nor added on groundnuts, rest of the recipe remains same, you may follow any …

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.