Thursday, February 18, 2021

Pineapple that taught me to be Atmanirbhar/ Self- reliant.


“Pineapple that taught me to be Atmanirbhar/ Self- reliant" ...  there is definitely more to this powerful one letter word when one strikes to go for it … it leads to happiness and joy from within on achievements … it has motivated me a lot in the last year which definitely has not been easy … I tripped, I fell down many a times, it hurt a lot, the pain would not go away, but each time a voice motivated me to get up and go for it …

** Looking at this "Pineapple all ready to be used" makes me feel so good. I finally managed to get it right almost close to how it is done by fruit vendors. This is a step ahead for me in being self reliant and I am so enthusiastic to learn more. Atmanirbhar means being self-reliant, such a meaningful word taken lightly by many, I often see many people smirking too, I wonder why? Is it so difficult to understand that it is actually a motivation to stand on one’s own feet without relying on others? Isn’t what our parents had in their mind when they educated us, I am sure that is the goal of every parent for their children, to see them prosper.

** At least that is what my father’s intention was when he saw to it that all of his children had sound education, while my mother on her part taught us all there is to learn on maintaining and running a home smoothly, both of which are equally important in life. It was not easy for them as ours was a large family and my father and mother both came up in life the hard way. They toiled a lot so that they could give us a good life, sound education and settle us all well in life. I am so thankful to them and my hubby for making me Atmanirbhar, and I proudly use the word without any inhabitations.

** The pandemic has taught me many things, which I just took for, granted. Just like that pineapple in picture. In Mumbai fruit vendors always slice off outer skin, remove the thorny eyes, slice them if necessary too on purchase of pineapples and all we need to do is just give it a rinse in clean water and it is ready to use. However, the last year has put our life in jeopardize and we now need to be extra cautious with purchases. I love pineapples and so I bought them as it is for the first time after settling in Mumbai. After a few struggles to give it a clean cut, finally there it is almost close to how it is done and sold.

** I know it’s sounds silly to many who may be experts in cutting a pineapple and may even feel what is there that’s so great about it to make a post of. Absolutely right, this is not about pineapple but the desire to learn at any age or about picking up on the threads left loose. As we move ahead in life there are times when we just don’t bother about certain things despite having knowledge of the same, or just laze about and put the burden on others shoulders. Again, there are many things which we would love to do, but we either have no time or just don’t bother to give a try at times believing it is impossible to achieve.

** I always feel motivated with so many things when I come across them and when finally do it makes me feel so good and self confident, even if it means a few initial failures. That is the happiness/ joy that I am speaking about that is felt in the heart on achievements that is attained only by being Atmanirbhar/ Self reliant. Anything in life, be it art, education, cooking, stitching, writing, gardening, painting, singing etc. is a learning process, and you excel only when you. Again, it is not easy, there may be failures that have to be overcome with repeated attempts, but that is the very challenge, which we have to not give up on.

** Come 25 th March 2021 and it will be a year into the pandemic that started with complete lock down in India. The seed of trying to be self-reliant was sown then and today it makes me feel really good on taking a complete positive approach on being Atmanirbhar/ Self reliant. Off course, the road is a long one and there is lot more to travel, sure to come across lots of ups and downs especially with my health issues cropping up often when I work hard, that compels me to take complete rest and I feel helpless. It is then that the goonj/ echo of the voice to be Atmanirbhar rings in my ears and I give my 100% to bounce back.

** To all, be Atmanirbhar/ Self Reliant, high time we did so instead of relying for every small issue on others. And before you misinterpret the word, think it off in this way, being self reliant does not mean doing everything one-selves, what it means in reality is knowing to do everything one-selves in time of crisis, that’s what Atmanirbhar is to me. There is lot of pending work in my home, office and some personal matters to be done, but that does not worry me, I am sure with God’s grace things will improve in due time, and as for me what I learnt in the year 2020 will stay with me, motivating me to be Atmanirbhar always.

** Disclaimer : These are Just a few of my own thoughts and interpretations on things that I feel inclined to pen down. Just my view on my own experience through the pandemic year that has put me back on my foot and has nothing to do with anybody’s statement or view, be it individual or political. Not meant to promote, hurt or offend anybody's sentiments, so do excuse if done as it is not intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.