Sunday, July 12, 2020

My Delicious Veg. Thali 206.


“My Delicious Veg. Thali 206 : Gosale Shire Gooli (Ridge Gourd Chutney), Mooga Patrado (Colocasia Leaves- Green Gram Steamed Spirals), Ambe Upkari (Ripe Mango Curry), Gosale Upkari (Ridge Gourd Bhaji/ Stir Fry), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)” … today's lunch is a delight to relish for its unique taste of fresh veggies from village … I am getting fresh veggies for the first time from village fields and I must agree that gosale and patrade paan were excellent in quality and so were the coconuts and mangoes … wish I were staying nearby and had access to these always … Yummilcious … 

** Some meals turn out simply fantastic not becoz one has prepared new dishes or some exotic dish but when fresh veggies and traditional heart warming dishes are prepared one is always satisfied to the core. This is the case with today's meal, all amchi dishes that are always our favorite and that which we can live on forever are on today's list. When I had gone out of town on my way back we cross many villages with fields on highway, though I have been doing so for decades now we hardly stop and buy as most of the time the minute they see a four wheeler they charge the same amount that which I can get over in my own place, so what is the point of carrying them all the way home. But recent crisis of lock down has completely stopped access to veggies in my locality and I thought of buying even if I had to shell more as I had no veggies at home and online ordering is something I am still not comfortable with it and will cross the bridge only when absolutely necessary. 

** To my astonishment the veggies looked so fresh when having a closer look and the grinning women told me happily that it was her own field grown veggies and she had even kept a few coconuts besides them, when I queried about it she said she that was from her neighbors who had a few coconut trees but could not come and sit to sell them as she had a toddler to look after. Isn’t that amazing, how much these people stand by each other and help even sell their wares. I was really touched, unlike in cities where even when I person order veggies hardly asks the neighbor if she wants anything. Coming to veggies I purchase a lot from her and when I went ahead, say in another mile I came across a few more from whom I purchased the colocasia leaves, so green and tender that I had to stop myself from buying them all. I had till date never purchase fresh from fields and I now regret that coz. I should have done so over all these years as I regularly passed them for almost decades now. 

** Well no regrets there as I need to go often so henceforth I will always try to buy them as not only will I get fresh ones but they deserve it as they are hard working and are sincere in their trade and do not cheat. As for the price, well we do waste a lot elsewhere in unnecessary purchase, the malls charge a bomb and definitely these villagers sell for much lesser than them and trust me it’s the quality that had me clean bowled. I was so happy with the gosale/ ridge gourd it was beautiful, lovely green shade and perfectly grown intact, the upkari/ bhaji prepared too was very tasty maybe they use natural fertilizers, no idea, but in all it was a first class experience for me. Well, the lock down has been extended once again for another week and no idea till when and how things will go on, surprisingly the well know legendary actor Ambitabh Bhachan and his family ie his son Abhishek Bhachan, DIL Aishwarya Rai and their daughter have also turned postive to Covid 19. Praying God to keep all safe. 


** Sharing the links to recipe of the dishes in the picture shared above, do try them out if available and relish it with your family. Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

1..For “Gosale Shire Gooli (Ridge Gourd Chutney)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For “Mooga Patrado (Colocasia Leaves- Green Gram Steamed Spirals)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For “Ambe Upkari (Ripe Mango Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Gosale Upkari (Ridge Gourd Bhaji/ Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.