Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Rassa (Rosu/ Ros) Egg Rolls (Rolled Omelettes dunked in Gravy).


“Rassa (Rosu/ Ros) Egg Rolls (Rolled Omelettes dunked in Gravy)” served with Pav/ Bread … very scrumptious street food from Goa wherein Omelettes are served in spicy tomato gravy or any other spicy gravy and served with pav/ bread … I just gave a slight twist and prepared it with egg rolls and it tasted fantastic served with Pav/ Bread … Yummilicious …. 

** As I mentioned this is a famous Goa'n street food and almost everybody in Goa has relished it, though for me it was something new. Yes, I have been to Goa a few times as our Kuladevi (family deity) Temple happens to be there, but then we were always in a hurry and gave flying visit only to temple and came back as being in business it is never possible to take a break of more than few days at a stretch. So, I guess I have missed out on relishing all those yummy Goan food the land is famous for. After starting my food group, I come across so many dishes from all over the world that I feel so intrigued and want to try them all and relish. My to-do-list is really running in reams and I have hardly browsed it in recent months as I am almost working round the clock and too tired at night to really browse through it and just want to go to sleep. Well, when Neilesh Kenkare a member of my food group, I guess from Goa posted a breakfast dish of chicken curry ros ie gravy with egg omelettes it really caught my attention and I queried and found out that the previous day gravy was served topped on simple egg omelette at breakfast time and that it was very famous street food of Goa. 

** I have been wanting to try it out from that very day, but somehow as usual I completely forgot, but another post by him reminded me immediately that I wanted to try this out. I did have egg curry gravy from noon food, so thought why not prepare the same for breakfast the next day. Also the month of Shravan was beginning the day after that after which I would not prepare non-veg dishes, so I just had 24 hours, that’s it. Well, I asked hubby to go out and buy a few eggs and pav as I had emptied them as I would not need it for another month or so and decided on Ros Omelette for breakfast the next morning. As is my usual habit, at night it struck me that this dish would be too heavy for us for bf as we were used to eating one or two dosa or idly only and I really did not want to go so heavy early morning, so I switched it over to noon for lunch and then the next morning I also went out and purchase some tomatoes and coriander leaves which was lacking in the curry due to lock down and which had just opened this day. I also had decided to do away with omelette and prepare the Egg Roll which again we love in my home and I also felt that it would really be tastier than the option of omelette. 


** I have already posted the recipe of both “Egg Rolls” and “Fresh Coconut Egg Masala Curry” in my Blog, so will not repeat the same all over again and share links to the same below, just browse through and you will get them, also sharing a collage of the preparation method Egg Rolls for those of you who are new to this method of omelette, trust me it tastes great and can be served with Tomato Ketchup and bread as it is too. The Egg curry is my own take on a recipe I vaguely remember reading about 4 decade back, I have prepared it in my own way and it turned out simply scrumptious. Do try out this exotic assemble dish in your home, you can also use any curry be it of egg or chicken or even kurma etc, and use the gravy of the same for it, and it tastes equally good for sure. These are testing times for all of us, I know I keep repeating it, but I really want to reach out to all my friends scattered all over the world and blog or my food group is the only way to do that. The lock down all over the world is slowly opening up and now we need to be very careful, till we get that Vaccine which is I believe going to come out soon, so till then take good care of yourself and stay safe. 


** Here is my method of preparing the “Rassa (Rosu/ Ros) Egg Rolls (Rolled Omelettes dunked in Gravy)” … My Style, Very Easy, Very Delicious, Do try it out ….

** You will need about one bowl for each omelette for one person, of any Rass/ Rosu/ Ros ie gravy of non-vegetarian dish, as mentioned I have used the egg curry from previous day. 

** Prepare one Egg Roll for each serving as mentioned in the link given in detail about the preparation at the bottom of this recipe or you can have a check on the picture collage posted below to get a jest of it. Prepare and keep it ready aside. 

** In a plate add in hot gravy and then top it with the Egg Rolls cut into two inch pieces. Top with some finely chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. 


** “Rassa (Rosu/ Ros) Egg Rolls (Rolled Omelettes dunked in Gravy)” is done and ready to be served. Serve it fresh and hot immediately on preparation for best taste with some Mumbai Pav or Bread slices. 

** An excellent tummy filling dish which you can have for breakfast/ lunch or dinner depending upon your own family preferences. We had it for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

** For "Fresh Coconut Egg Masala Curry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For the “Egg Rolls” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 28 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.