Friday, June 19, 2020

Potato Bhaji, Aamras, Dal, Veg.Soup and Spiced Roti.


"Simple Combo Meal/ Lunch : Batate Usli (Poatato Bhaji), Kesari Aamras (Mango Sweet Puree), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Vegetable Soup, Spiced Chapati (Roti)" ... today being Ekadashi, we avoid rice items in my home ... enjoyed this simple meal ... Yummilicious ... 

** Today being Ekadashi, a day where in devotees of Lord Vishnu observe fasting/ upwas in Hindu Community. We Konkani Saraswats too follow the same and avoid eating rice or rice dishes on this day. I try my best to follow traditions, but I must say sometimes it is not possible to do so too. However, that should not deter us from following it at least whenever possible. For the last six months I have been observing the same for decades now but I do miss it unknowingly sometimes, also if I am outstation then I always eat what is offered and never fuss about, as it is my motto always never to dishearten or make it difficult to other, but yes, if asked priorly I do tell them, but leave it entirely to them. I see to it that I do not eat non.veg in particular during such times. Well, to each one their own faith, I somehow like following these traditions. Today, as I did not have much veggies prepared potato bhaji which is our favorite at home with roti or poori and soup.

** I always pressure cook the veggies late in the night and leave it overnight and prepare the same next morning, while dal is prepared almost on daily basis. Aamras is the dish of the season till we get ripe mangoes always, so in all a lovely thali with yummy dishes. I prepared the spiced roti today for a change as I did not have any spicy bhaji as side dish and it went on well with potato bhaji. Sharing links to the recipes of my simple thali of today, you can choose through the same for that which you would love to try out. The world is reeling under tremendous pressure of this unknown virus, so are all of us, but let us stand united, Please Do not Panic, Do not spread Rumors … Sanitize your Home- Wear Mask while going out and Wash Hands often for your and your families Safety ..."Remember Together We Can- We Will- We Should ... Swast Raho~ Swach Rakho~ Ghar Pe hi Raho- Dil Kholke Madad Karo~ Tabhi Toh Bachegi Humara Dharti Maa~ Humara Bharat"

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

** For “Batate Usli (Poatato Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Kesari Aamras (Mango Sweet Puree)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)" …. A delicious Konkani Saraswat Dal that tastes well with rice. A must during every meal in our community, we simply love our dal with rice. 

** For “Mixed Vegetable Soup” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Spiced Chapati (Roti/ Indian Flat Bread)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.