Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Vermicelli Payasam, Bhenda (Lady's Finger) Chakko and Chapati.


"Combo Meal/ Lunch Time ... Today's Simple Ekadashi Lunch : Vermicelli Payasam (Kheer), Alphonso Mango Slices (Aapus Ambo), Chapati (Roti), Bhenda Chakko (Lady's Finger/ Okra Semi Dry Curry)" ... managed to get some veggies today and the wonderful part was could get some curry leaves too ... as getting kadgi (raw jackfruit) is distant dream had to satisfy chakko craving with bhenda ... no problem, love simple meals too ... Yummilicious ... 

** I have written a few articles on the importance of Ekadashi in my Blog and it has always been my desire to observe fasting on this day. There are times when unknowingly I have slipped though not many a times and then there were times when I was away from home during which time I silently eat whatever is given without insisting anything otherwise. The only way I could never observe the fast was by completely forgoing food, initially it was coz. I was not so hard and fast on the same, and felt hungry, so always prepared foods allowed during fasting and now though I would love to do so, my health does not permit as it is strictly avoidable when you need to take medicines regularly. 

** I stick to preparing of roti/ chapati or rava bhakri on this day as consumption of rice or rice product dishes is to be avoided on Ekadashi. As going out of our locality for personal reasons was inevitable today, on way back hubby found some veggies including lemons and curry leaves and I was so happy looking at them, was really missing my lemon juice and seasoning of curry leaves. Well, prepared some vermicelli payasam for Naivedyam and enjoyed the simple meal. As Government has decided to open up lock down slowly in phases, things are bound to play havoc, so please be careful and take necessary precautions when you go out and try to be safe and stay home as much as possible. 

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in Combo Meal/ Lunch thali above, as is my usual pattern with these posting, please do go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

** For “Vermicelli Payasam (Kheer)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Chapati (Roti)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Bhenda Chakko (Lady's Finger/ Okra Semi Dry Curry” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.