Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Ginger Garlic Curry Leaves Chutney, Raw Mango Pickle with Beetroot Moong Dal-Rice Khichidi.


“My Simple Solo Meal : Roasted Papad (Lijjat), Ginger-Garlic-Curry Leaves Spiced Chutney Powder (Pitti), Tarni Kadgi- Ambuli Adgai (Tender Raw Jackfruit- Raw Mango Pickle), Spiced Masala Beetroot-Moong Dal-Rice Khichidi topped with Peanuts” … Like all, I too have to do with whatever is available at home keeping in mind both nutrition and a little bit for coming days too, rationed the beetroot by adding one directly to the khichidi while I packed back the remaining 2 in fridge … Definitely a delicious tummy filling khichidi … Yummilcious … 

** Spiced Khichidi prepared with rice and moong dal is sort of a lifeline for many in Mumbai and this is one dish I learned to prepare first 31 yrs back when I married and settled in Mumbai. My hubby loves this dish very much and can have it everyday for dinner without cribbing. Over the years, I have prepared them with some many minute changes and every time it turns out equally tasty. Recently, say about a decade back I started adding on veggies to khichidi keeping in mind nutrition requirements and it sort of becomes all in one meal and is a God given gift when you are unwell and not able to cook much or when you come home tired from work and just don’t feel upto cooking a whole meal. Whatever be the case a reliable tummy filling dish that tastes great and very heartwarming specially so during monsoon and winter. Keeping in mind the present crisis the world is facing, this is one meal that is not only a quick to prepare one but also delicious and good for health too. So do try this out and relish it hot with some curds, raita, kokum kadhi or besan kadhi. They all taste equally good. Sharing links to the recipes in the picture above below as is my usual method. Do click on the same for the recipe you would like to try out. Stay Safe, Stay Blessed. 

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the Thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

** Roasted papad is store bought, I just roasted it on open flame before serving time. 

** For "Ginger-Garlic-Curry Leaves Spiced Chutney Powder (Pitti)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Ambuli Nonche/ Raw Mango Pickle” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Spiced Masala Beetroot-Moong Dal-Rice Khichidi topped with Peanuts” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 27 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.