Thursday, January 16, 2020

Bitter Gourd and Green Chilly Fritters with Lime Juice.


"Karathe’ ani Tarni Mirsange Bajo (Bajia/Pakoda)/Bitter Gourd and Green Chilly Fritters" served with Limbiya Sherbath /Lime Juice ... there was excess batter from yesterdays capsicum bajos, so prepared a few of these spicy Bajias and gulped off some lime juice to balance the spiciness of the chillies .... Uuufff .... kanantule duvoru aailo … Yummilicious ....

** The cold winter always makes one crave for deep fried snacks and when you have them for mid morning break then you can have it in between sips of lemon juice as there is a warmth in the air when you sit out near your window or in the balcony. As for evening time breaks, during winter or monsoon snacks are best had with hot beverages. I had some batter left over from previous day when I had prepared capsicum bajos for lunch which I had kept in the fridge to be used later on. Food is never to be wasted, in the first place prepare only that much how much is necessary and in case of leftovers either dispose it off giving it to some needy or recycle it into a new dish. Bajo batters sometimes gets leftover and nothing else can be done out of it. My usually way to finish it off is add on thin sliced onions mix them well, add in some raw coriander seeds and a dash of rice flour and mix well to a coarse mixture sort of dropping consistency where in the onions gets coated with the batter evenly. Drop them into the hot oil in small bunches and deep fry the same till crisp, these taste wonderful. 

** As I was all prepared to slice the onion, hubby caught me up on it and asked me instead to prepare a few green chilly bajos for him as he is very fond of that spicy Bajos. Well, spicy chilly bajo are not to my liking as I cannot tolerate the heat level in it, It really intrigues me as to how someone enjoys eating them with tears rolling down cheeks and smoke getting out of the ears. Ufff… definitely not my style, I just cannot have them, so I prepared a few bitter gourd bajos for me and then on forethought prepared simple lime juice with freshly squeezed lime, sugar and water and added on some homemade saffron cardamom syrup to it. I usually prepare this syrup and keep it fridge as it lasts for months, addition of the same to simple lime juice not only makes it aromatic but also gives on a wonderful pleasing color which everybody loves. I am sharing the links to each of the dish in the picture as they are already posted long back and are something prepared often in almost everybody home. Do go through the link if you are new to any one of these and try them out and relish with your family and friends. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

1.. For “Karathe’ ani Tarni Mirsange Bajo (Bajia/Pakoda)/Bitter Gourd and Green Chilly Fritters", Recipes, check out on the links given below …. 

2. For “Limbiya Sherbath /Lime Juice” Recipe, check out on the link given below …. 

** If you want to try out the “Saffron (Kesar)- Cardamom (Ellaichi) Syrup” which I have added to the lime juice, you can check out for the recipe provided on the link given below … 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.