Friday, September 7, 2018

Sweet~Spicy Multi Flour Drumstick Leaves (Moringa) Goli Bajo / Fritters


"Sweet~Spicy Multi Flour Drumstick Leaves (Moringa) Goli Bajo / Fritters" ... When there is no electricity and the inverter too falls short what do you do to kill boredom ... Yes fry some snacks and relish them ... Yummilicious .... 

** Sometimes some dishes just happen. After a long time there was no electricity in my home for a few hours and to my dismay my inverter too was not upto the mark, the battery I guess has to be changed. It was late in the evening and I was feeling bored sitting doing nothing. During such times my tummy always grumbles more than me and I always run through the tines to check if there is something to munch. Recently I had emptied everything as I wanted to curtail the habit of inbetween munches that was creating havoc with health. But guess my heart never listens to my mind, it stubbornly refused to obey and was fighting for something chat pata to relish. Finally the heart wond and I decided to fry out some goli bajo’s. Well as you know, I always end up giving twists to food, guess it has now become second nature to me that I always think how different can I prepare the regular snack/food. That’s it, I just randomly added in whatever flours I found and trust me the goli bajo turned out really delicious. Sharing the recipe below, do try out and enjoy with your family and friends. 


** Here is the simple recipe for "Sweet~Spicy Multi Flour Drumstick Leaves (Moringa) Goli Bajo / Fritters" … My style …. 

** In a wide deep bowl, add in 2 tblsp of bajra flour, 3 tblsp of Jawari flour,  2 tblsp of nachani flour, 1 large tablsp of besan, 2 tblsp of rice four and 2 cups of maida. Mix well. Now add in 1 tblsp of sugar powder, 5-6 green chillies chopped fine, half a cup of finely chopped drumstick leaves, a few curry leaves also chopped fine, one inch piece of ginger grated, large pinch of cooking soda and mix well. Now add in ½ cup of thick beaten curds along with some water to make a very thick dropping consistency batter. Leave it covered aside for 10-15 minutes. 

** Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai for deep frying. When smoking hot, lower the heat and allow the oil to cool slightly, say for 2-3 minutes. Add in a drop of the batter, if it sinks down and then comes up in few seconds sizzling and in round ball, it means the oil is right for deep frying. Gently drop about one tablespoon of batter with the help of hand into the oil, Be careful while dropping as the oil is hot. Also do not over crowd the kadai. Add in batches and fry till they are evenly browned and crisp outside. Remove on an absorbent paper for the excess oil to get drained off. 

** "Sweet~Spicy Multi Flour Drumstick Leaves (Moringa) Goli Bajo / Fritters" is done and ready to be served. Always serve them hot as they loose taste if cool. I served them with store bought tomato ketchup as I had prepared it in a hurry just to kill boredom. You can serve them with some chutney for your family and friends as it tastes awesome with chutney. Do try this yummy deep fried snack and enjoy. Do give me a feed back if possible. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.