Saturday, September 29, 2018

Chilled Fresh Orange~Mosambi Juice.


"Chilled Fresh Orange~Mosambi Juice" ... We always tend to forget to giving credit to our faithful gadgets who have stood by us through thick and thin ... This is one of my favorite one that has served for about 25 yrs, conked a few times, but somehow next day surprisingly back in action ... So today I decided to thank it by clicking it along with the juice it always makes to perfection ... Enjoy the juice chilled and fresh ... Yummilicious .... 

** Fruit Juice is a delight to sip on when the climate plays havoc and there is rise in heat level in your city. Fluctuations in rains and heat has somewhat played drastic problems in Mumbai this year. The rains are so unpredictable that there are sudden thunder showers for no reason without any warning and then the climate changes and the heat rises. Such a weather always makes it not only a dull day but puts down your mood and our health goes for a toss too. Having spinal and bone issues increases the body pains and makes it more uncomfortable. Keeping body hydrated at such times is the utmost priority of each person and in my home I make it a point to include citrus juices almost on daily basis as they are high in Vit. C and are loaded with nutrients. My Mom always insisted on Mosambi juice when anyone of us was not well at home. Even new born kids were given this juice diluted once they were 2-3 months old. I remember all these things clearly as my love for juices has made me always yearn for it and I have also Blogged over some 40 types of juices to date. Do check on the label section or use the search option for more choices. 

** I remember those olden days, when we had those glassware citrus juicer in my Mothers place which we used for removing fresh juice from Mosambi or Oranges. Over the years people began using mixer or juicer mixies for the same as it was easier, but frankly I never liked them as it was too much work, you had too de-seed them or the juice would turn bitter. Have you ever wondered why those juice that sell on branded names always somehow taste bitter, yes the seeds and all are added on together and churned.  I have a food processor which has a separate juicer unit that sieves the juice from the residue too. But somehow I never liked it much as I found there was too much wastage in it and the juice too prepared using it was never economical. So I always resorted to the hand method using a glassware juicer. Then came this electric citrus juicer and my joy knew no bound. I always love gadgets and never hesitate in purchasing them. It is only recently that I have curtailed the desire of buying each of them as frankly I have no space to keep them. Sigh, such is my craze for technology. I bought this electric citrus juicer much against everybody’s No-No. But trust me, I have never regretted it. It is almost 25 yrs old now and has been my trusted gadget to date. 


** It did stop working twice in between, and just when I thought that it has to be disposed and a new one should be purchased, I just on fluke used to give another try and it has sprung back to action. My hubby always teases me saying, it has been my close friend and has started showing tantrums for gaining attention. So today when I wanted to prepare mosambi and orange juice together which is also at times called ganga jamuna, I remembered hubby's words and felt, why not ?? If my dear citrus juicer friend was really wanting to be acknowledged it is high time I did so, after all none of my gadgets have stayed with me for so long. The juicer according to me did need to be appreciated in public and thanked too as a tribute for its service, after all don’t we do the same when someone gets promotion in office. Ok so, I clicked a picture along with the citrus juicer to give it its due credit and somewhere I felt really happy when I posted the same in my food group. I hope it stays with me in full glory for many many more years to come and my family and friends enjoy the juice it helps in getting to our utmost satisfaction is relished too for many generations. 

** "Chilled Fresh Orange~Mosambi Juice" ... The juice is really simple and nothing much elaborate in the process. I just cut three mosambi and 3 oranges horizontally into two and used the citrus juicer to remove the juice. Mixed the juice with another cup of chilled water and 3 tblsp of sugar and mixed well. Served them in glass topped with a few ice cubes … That’s it … Tasty and delicious~healthy Chilled Fresh Orange~Mosambi Juice ready. Enjoy this with your family and friends and drive away that thirst. These simple fruits are the best of all time thirst quenchers. I have long back stopped on drinking aerated drinks unless it’s inevitable at functions though nowadays we get fresh juices at functions too. So do relish on these fresh fruit juice thirst quenchers always and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Remembers to always serve fruit juices fresh and do not store them for later use as they loose out on nutrients. Fruit juices are best when consumed immediately or least by 20-30 minutes. Do include these juices during summer time too to re-accomplish the lost nutrients and pep up your energy level. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.