Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Pineapple~ Tomato Raita/ Curd Salad.


“Pineapple~ Tomato Raita/ Curd Salad” … a delicious tasty side dish often served with meals … a little bit different combination nevertheless very tasty … goes well with spicy biryani, pulav but can be served in thali meals too … Yummilicious …

** Salads and Raita are an important accompaniment with meals in India and almost in every home they are a must at least a few times in the week. There are thousands of combinations of mix and match that you can go for and yet never tire experimenting when it comes to this particular item. The more you think the more options you get and somehow I myself get confused at times whether the same has been shared or not, just like this one which to my surprise was still yet to be shared despite a few years passing by.

** Time flies and before one realizes years will have passed by, in the transit we just forget pending work that was pushed aside to be done later. I guess we should all follow the principle of not waiting for things to be done tomorrow but to be done today or rather just now. Yep, as goes the saying in kabir ke dohe काल करे सो आज कर आज करे सो अब |. This raita was shared 3 yrs back in my thali, but I completely forgot to make a separate posting of the same, there are many more, so, I guess I must complete off my backlog soon.

** There are times when some dishes turn out wonderful despite being prepared accidentally, this one is just so. I had this huge pineapple which very sweet and of which I prepared juice and pineapple bhaatH, there was still some left which had to be combined with another ingredient as in itself if was not sufficient. So, I just added on some tomatoes and beaten curds and prepared the raita close to how we prepare them individually. Though I was hesitant as to how the two would gel with each other, they did so well and the raita was tasty.

** Sharing my simple recipe for “Pineapple~Tomato Raita/ Curd Salad” …


** I have used about 2 cups of edible half inch pieces of fresh pineapple (ananas/ avnas) pieces here. Always prefer to use fresh fruits and avoid tinned one as much as possible.

** Wash, wipe dry and then cut 2 medium sized tomatoes into half inch pieces after removing the seed within. Add them to the pineapple pieces together into a bowl.

** Beat one cup of thick curds (dahi/ yogurt) with a teaspoon of sugar (shakkar/ sakkara) and salt (namak/ meeta) to taste till smooth and add to the above.

** Add finely chopped 3-4 green chillies (tarni mirsanga/ hari mirchi) and mix well, you may add some grated ginger (adrak/ alle’) if desired, I have not, as I prefer simple.

** Mix well and add in handful of finely chopped coriander leaves (dhani/ kottambari pallo) for garnishing and keep it in fridge for any hour before serving.

** “Pineapple~Tomato Raita/ Curd Salad” is done and ready to be served. Tastes best served chilled with any spicy dish like Biryani/ Pulav etc. or any dish of your choice.

** Though I served it for a simple thali meal, I did keep a little bit aside and serve it the next day with spicy prawn biryani and it tasted wonderful, so have your own choice of serving.

** Note : You can chose to temper the raita with mustard (rai/ sasam) seeds and curry leaves (kadipatta) in little bit of oil if desired, though I would not recommend it.

** For “Setting of Perfect Curds (Dahi)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….
https://gayathrifoodbytes.blogspot.com/2015/03/delightful-curds-setting-of-curds.html#more

** There are many more “Salad/ Raita” recipes in the Blog which you may browse through using the links given below or the via search option or labels on the blog too ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.