Wednesday, October 27, 2021

My Delicious Amchi. Veg. Thali~ 310.


“My Delicious Amchi. Veg. Thali~ 310 : Bajjile Pappodu (Roasted Papad), Kadgi Chakko (Raw Jackfruit Dry Curry), Surna Talasani (Yam Stir Fry), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)” … It is always a pleasure to relish and savor a thali meal with our own amchi dishes especially when it comes to chakko, when you really do not need anything else to be served along with it except dalitoy and rice … but then upkari is also equally important to be served during lunchtime, so here is my complete healthy meal … Yummilicious …

** I really do feel that there is nothing more heartwarming than a simple mini thali meal with our own amchi food, ie dishes from GSB/ Konkani Saraswat Cuisine. I have always loved our dishes above all, though butter chicken served with naan was and is my favorite from childhood. Biryani is another dish that I can savor anytime of the day specially from certain selected places in my area and I am yet to learn to prepare them to perfection in their style. But, our own konkani meals are something that can be had on daily basis while the rest can be had for a day or two at a stretch.

** Kadgi Chakko ie Raw Jackfruit semi dry curry is a side dish almost every amchi loves to savor with dalitoy and rice and in my home it is almost prepared once in fortnight when in season as both hubby and me simply love it. Well, raw jackfruit have been available for a while now, but as I prefer buying them in main market where they clean them fully and give them cut into huge chunks, it had been sometime since I bought them as I can out venture out much these days. Well finally I bought them and here is one of our favorite dish along with talasani another favorite among bhaji.

** I have always tried including simple upkari/ bhaji on daily basis during meals, though at times I just switch it over as my dinner when there are too many items for lunch. Talasani is simple upkari with garlic seasoning and tasty too good and most favorite ones are with suran/ yam and tendle/ gherkins. This times its with suran along with dalitoy and rice a favorite combo of every amchi. Sharing links to the recipe of the dishes shared in the thali above as is my usual practice with thali, do try them out and enjoy with family and friends. There many other combinations too which you find at common link shared below.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Bajjile Pappodu (Roasted Papad)” there is no recipe as such, all I did was, just used easily available store bought papads and roasted them on open flame and served.

** For “Kadgi Chakko (Raw Jackfruit Dry Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Surna Talasani (Yam Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.