Sunday, December 20, 2020

Simple Combo Meal : Shevai/ Idiyappams/ String Hoppers with Egg Curry.


“Simple Combo Meal : Boiled Rice- Kodo Millet Shevai (Sevai/ Idiyappam/ String Hoppers) served with Simple Masala Egg Curry" ... few days back when many of my friends here posted shevai, I badly wanted to have them ... keeping aside the fear of shoulder aches that somehow are fond of me, went ahead and prepared this combo of ukdo tandul (white boiled rice) and varagu (kodo millet) sevai without addition of coconut ... prepared it first time using the chakuli maker instead of using the shevai dante ... sevai turned out soft and tasted simply awesome with this delicious egg curry ... Yummilicious ... 

** Shevai/ Sevai/ Idiyappam/ String Hoppers is one of our most favorite dish and when served with any non veg dishes like fish curry, chicken curry or egg curry, it tastes that much more delicious. Try it and I am sure you will agree with me and for those of you who are vegetarians, the best combo is with batate- piyava songa, a spicy dish from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine prepared with Potato and Onions. This combo is the one that is widely enjoyed by all for breakfast and it is only when one wants to have it for lunch that we go about preparing non-veg. dishes. When my friends often share shevai in my food group “Konkani Delicacies” I am always craving for the same as I hardly prepare it now a days due to shoulder pain. 

** Preparation of shevai in traditional pattern is quite tedious and I am somehow wary of the same. But then, I also wanted to try out shevai with millet, so went ahead and tried out the same and trust me it turned out simply superb when served with spicy egg curry. I have written in detail about both shevai and egg curry as separate post as it can be prepared and served with other dishes too as is convenient to my friends here. Go ahead and browse through the same via the links shared below to the recipes of dishes in picture. Also, sharing a common link to them separately below, so that you can enjoy them as and how your family prefers from the plenty of choice that’s available. Stay Blessed, Stay Safe, Spread Happiness. 

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

** For “Boiled Rice- Kodo Millet Shevai (Sevai/ Idiyappam)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Simple Masala Egg Curry" Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** Sharing a common link to all “Egg” dishes posted in the Blog …. 

** Sharing a common link to all “Shevai” dishes posted in the Blog ….

** You can use the search option for "Solo Meals or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.