Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My Naivedyam Thali~ 250.


“My Naivedyam Thali~ 250 : With God's grace and Sri Hari Guru Blessings ... this thali post today on the auspicious day of Datta Jayanthi, crosses a milestone of sharing 250 thali posts in my Blog ... thanking each one for always being supportive in my culinary journey ... sharing my festive naivedyam/ prasada thali with all my friends with lots of love and best wishes ... the dishes in thali include ... Avnasa (Pineapple) Sheera, Cauliflower Bajo (Fritters/ Crispies), Vegetable Kochla Nonche (Pickle), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Butter Beans Bendi (White Kidney Bean Curry), Alsande Upkari (Yard Long Bean Bhaji), Kokum Taak (Buttermilk), Roasted Papad, SheetHa (Rice)” … 

** The journey of culinary has been a long one of over 6 yrs but the addition of thali started only a few years back. That which started with a request from few friends today has reached a milestone of 250 combinations of thali food. When a few friends wanted me to post thali, I was not prepared for it as it is a tedious work and I absolutely found it difficult to do so. Moreover I had to keep in mind different combos so as to not repeat same combinations. But then when hubby to asked me to give it a try once in a week or so, I just thought I would do so with a few and that would be it. But as I started sharing and started getting mails, I was humbled and thought I should put in more effort and do so. One thing led to another and slowly my interest too was caught up and I began enjoying combining of dishes immensely. 

** The best part of this thali food journey is, midway through a few friends insisted on simple meals, claiming that they did not want to go for so many varieties of dishes and would prefer simpler ones for daily consumption. So, I began the same with combo meals and solo meals which have been labeled but not numbered, I guess, I should have, but to do so now is not feasible, so do excuse. I am thankful to all who poured in so much love and appreciation on the Blog and I want to acknowledge the fact here that, I have learned to now cook smaller portion meals, which is the biggest boon to me. Thali means a lot of food which would run waste was my thought and initially there would be leftovers for over 2-3 days and that would put me off as I strongly believe in no wastage of food and would pass it on to my maid help. 

** Slowly, I learned to cook smaller portion and now if there are leftover especially when there are more dishes it will be for only another day, which is fine by me, you see I get rest from kitchen the next day and can do some reading or other pending work. I am sure many of you will agree, especially in the last year, work never seems to end what with each and every work that has to be attended to personally, it keeps me on my toes for almost 17-18 hours in total through the day. I intended to catch up on reading, however my newly purchased books are left untouched for over 2 yrs now. But then it is always great to be busy, live and kicking, as we have always worked hard and I love to be busy trying out new dishes, writing, blogging, reading, watching news, catching on political views, these are all my favorite pastimes. 

** I am extremely happy to complete 250 thali posts and many more in combo meals and solo meals too. Most of the thali dishes are vegetarian as though we do eat non-veg it is not only daily basis and definitely not on festive days and certain marked days. Again, I appreciate the same when I get query on non-veg combos and I am surely going to give it a thought very soon too as that needs more planning as the purchasing of the same needs to be done freshly which means I need to venture out often which is a little bit difficult, but the coming year if things settle down for good worldwide which I have faith will do, I will definitely add in more non-veg. thali too. Sharing links to the recipes in the thali above as is my regular pattern with thali, just click on it, browse and try them out and do give me a feedback. 

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

** For “Avnasa (Pineapple) Sheera” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Cauliflower Bajo (Fritters/Crispies)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Mixed Vegetable Pickle/ Kochna Nonche with Amla” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Butter Beans Bendi (White Kidney Bean Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Alsande Upkari (Yard Long Beans Bhaji)” Recipe, I have included two links below, with two slightly different types of alsando/ yard long beans available in India. The recipe is the same, however you may check out on both for knowledge of the same …. 

** For “Kokum Taak (Buttermilk)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Roasted Papad” I just used easily available store bought papad and roasted them on open flame and served. 

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.