Sunday, December 27, 2020

My Non-Veg. Thali~ 249.


"My Non-Veg. Thali~ 249 : Roasted Papad, Sukkale Sungta Panna Upkari (Dried Prawns Spicy Curry), Vatana- Batate Upkari (Green Peas Potato Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)" ... today on Christmas day after midnight was my Annas Birthday too, would have completed 91 yrs had he not left for his heavenly abode ... spicy sukkalechi sungtache randai was his father’s favorite ... Happy Birthday Annu, this one is for you from your little one, Miss you a lot ... seeking blessings ….. 

** Ahha once again its non-veg, well this time it is dried prawns which is loved by most fish eaters staying in coastal area wherein these are available in plenty. Here is a simple yet delicious lunch as this one includes spicy dry prawns curry which is one of our favorite at home. Every year I just stock up about half a kg of these sun dried prawns which we get all cleaned and trimmed in Thane where I live during the month of summer. This year however due to the pandemic issues it was not to be so. But my compulsory business trips out of town leads me through some highways were they began selling them in bulk on roadsides and somehow it was really a heart wrenching sight to see them stuck there for days. This was the case with vegetables too, they just sat there on roads selling them. 

** Just before the rains hit, there were trucks of the same standing as selling as they could not enter city due to lock down. In my anxiety as everything was closed in my vicinity with no veggies, groceries whatsoever for over a month, I bought this in excess as I could store them. Well, after 2 months slowly the veggies were available in pocket areas and so were the groceries. Now, I am stuck with both dried prawns and pulses in excess as I usually never store them in excess. So, I keep adding them a handful to different dishes or bhaji while preparing, but the satisfaction lies in relishing this curry which is a traditional one from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine of those who eat dried fish as there are some fish eaters too who do not like dried ones and do not consume them. 

** Preparing this one after quite sometime as the taste lies in preparing it spicy and somehow with advancing age I am not able to digest it, while hubby enjoys it very much, so now I prepare it exclusively for him, while I sort of eat it like pickle. Well, that’s life I guess, one needs to adjust without cribbing to changing times. Here is my lunch of the day that will definitely be loved by fish lovers, specially those who like dried one. Sharing links to the recipes in the thali as is my usual pattern with thali as they are already posted elsewhere. Try them out in your kitchen, enjoy with family and do give me feedback. Do take care of yourself and your family as the crisis still continues as the vaccine has not yet been satisfactorily discovered though we are quite close to it, till then be careful.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

** For “Roasted Papad” I just used easily available store bought papad and roasted them on open flame and served. 

** For “Sukkale Sungta Panna Upkari (Dried Prawns Spicy Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For “Vatana- Batate Upkari (Green Peas Potato Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below of Green Peas- Sweet Potato Bhaji, the recipe is the same, just replace sweet potato with potatoes … 

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.