Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Classic Grilled Cucumber~ Chutney Sandwich.


"Classic Grilled Cucumber~ Chutney Sandwich" ... sandwich are a delight to munch on and all you need to serve it with is a little bit of Tomato Ketchup ... it had really been quite sometime since I had sandwiches for bf. and though I would have loved to add on some cheese slices within along with the tasty coriander-mint chutney and slices of cucumber, I refrained doing so as I wanted to keep it simple and light ... here are my well grilled simple and tasty sandwiches ... Yummiclicious ….. 

** This is a simple grilled sandwich prepared in most homes, usually I do add in tomatoes and onions, but today I wanted to keep it simple as I wanted to have a light breakfast as for lunch it was fish curry which I knew would be relished well. I always keep in mind full day menu when I prepare meals and compensate each other accordingly as I do not like to keep them all heavy meals or all light meals. Lunch is usally heavy meal in my home while breakfast is light and dinner we usually do not have much off. As one ages, you need to cut down drastically on food and cosume light healthy meals at least at nights. You need to keep that weight on check and loose some if overweight. Here the famous proverb eat to live and not live to fits well with us. Well there is nothing much to be written about the method of preparing sandwiches as almost everybody knows. 

** I have used only coconut-mint chutney here along with thinly sliced fresh cucumber and then grilled them after applying a thin film of ghee. I have used brown bread as it is considered to be a healthier option, you can use any that is available to you or that which you like. Simple, Isn’t it, that’s all, just go ahead and prepare it and enjoy the beginning of your day with a delicious breakfast. I have written a lot about my fascination for sandwiches from childhood in another post and I don’t think I should repeat it here, so I am sharing a link at the bottom of this recipe, do read through if you would like to read and also browse through other sandwich posts again to which I am sharing a common link. Under the present crisis, we need to keep ourselves motivated by doing plenty of exercise, reading good books, chatting on phone with loved ones and eating good healthy food. Stay Safe, Stay Blessed. 

** Here is my simple method for preparing "Classic Grilled Cucumber~ Chutney Sandwich" … my style …. 

** Peel off the skin of one small sized cucumber, slice it into thin slices and keep it ready aside. 

** You will need any coriander chutney of your choice. I have used coriander-mint chutney here which tastes great for sandwiches. I am sharing the link to recipe of chutney at the bottom of this recipe and you may check it out there if you want to try it out. 

** Keep some ghee or softened fresh butter or store bought butter ready to be applied on top of the side of bread that gets grilled.

** To prepare the grilled sandwich : Keep a flat board on table. Place a slice of large sized sandwich bread on it. Apply the Chutney of your choice on the top side of the bread slice facing upwards. Now keep some sliced cucumber pieces on them all over say about 4 thinly sliced ones. 

** Note : I have used brown sliced bread easily available in stores, you can use even white bread or any other of your choice or if you know to bake bread you can use the same too. 

** Apply the chutney on another slice of bread and place it inverted on the cucumber slice topped bread slice and press down gently. See to it that the ingredients within are well concealed. Apply a thin layer of ghee or butter on top of the bread slice facing you. 

** Note : You can also place a cheese slice or tomatoes or boiled egg slices or boiled potatoes etc. of your choice in layer above the cucumber slices if desired too, this time I have not done so. You can also apply a thin layer of butter on inside side before applying chutney, it tastes great. 

** Now place the prepared sandwich bread slices in electric grilled sandwich maker placing the buttered side bread inverted down and then also apply ghee on the top side now, close the lid pressing in tightly and grill until evenly browned on both sides. 

** When done open the lid, remove and keep it aside on a flat board and cut into 2 or 4 triangles with a serrated knife. Prepare the required amount sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and cut them also into triangles. 

** "Classic Grilled Cucumber~ Chutney Sandwich is done and ready to be served. Always serve grilled sandwiches hot from the grill as it tends to turn soggy if left open for more time. I served with tomato ketchup, the best accompaniment for sandwiches. You can use any dip of your choice for serving the sandwich too. 

** For the Chutney Recipe, Please follow the link given below, I have also enclosed a common link below it for all chutney posted in the blog, you can choose any you like … 

** You can check out the link give below for grilled sandwich and also the common link to all the sandwiches in the blog, they also include a little bit about info about my fascination for sandwiches. Do give me a feedback if possible, it motivates me to do that much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.