Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Gardudde-Kajjubi Khadi (Bottle Gourd/ Lauki/ Duddhi- Cashew Nut Burfi).


"Gardudde-Kajjubi Khadi (Bottle Gourd/ Lauki/ Duddhi- Cashew Nut Burfi)" ... just tried my own variation of this khadi for the first time, turned out delicious, but it took me a lot of time and all the stirring left me totally famished (hatu ghello) ... above that I had prepared only little bit as I was not sure what the end result would be ... few pieces are in tummy and this is all that is left ... Yummilicious ... 

** This is a very long pending post of almost a month old that somehow I could not edit. I had prepared some khadi/ burfi with bottle gourd for the first time, just on a hunch and as I progressed I was really not sure if my trial would be successful coz. it took me really a long time almost 2 hours of hard laborious work to prepare this. Again, after allowing it to rest also I was not sure if it would turn out like hard burfi and after cooling properly for over 6 hours it turned out perfectly porous hard khadi/ burfi that was simply awesome to eat and I did really forget my aching hands as I relished these. So, if you are trying this out be prepared for a lot of hard work of stirring and see to it that you have time in hand as this dish cannot be hurried up. Also remember that the final consistency gets perfect when the burfi hardens only on cooling properly for a good 4-6 hours. 

** Here is my own concoction of recipe for "Gardudde-Kajjubi Khadi (Bottle Gourd/ Lauki/ Duddhi- Cashew Nut Burfi)" … My Style … 

** Ingredients : 
Cashew Nuts/ Kajjubi/ Kaju : 1 cup 
Full Fat Milk/ Malai Doodh : 3 cups 
Gardudde/ Lauki/ Bottle Gourd : 5-6 cups grated. 
Sugar/ Shakkar/ Sakkara : 3 cups 
Cardamom/ Ellaichi/ Yellu Powder : 1 tsp 
Yellow color : a large pinch only (optional) 
Ghee/ Toop : ½ cup 

** While you grate the bottle gourd heat the milk and keep it ready aside to get cooled and once it has cooled down properly add the cashew nuts and little bit of the milk (as much as required only) in mixer grinder and grind to a very fine paste. 

** In a thick bottomed kadai add in half of the ghee and the grated bottle gourd and fry well on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Now add in the ground cashew nut, remaining milk, sugar and cook all together on high heat stirring often till it thickens and leaves sides. 

** Now lower the heat to medium, add in the color and half of the remaining ghee and continue to cook continuously stirring till it forms a round soft ball consistency. Lastly add in the remaining ghee, cardamom powder and mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes, remove from fire. 

** Apply ghee to a plate and add in prepared khadi mixture and pat it well to a flat equal level and allow to cool only for 3 minutes and then make insertions marks with a knife into desired sized squares properly and leave it aside to cool off completely for about minimum 6 hours. 

** "Gardudde-Kajjubi Khadi (Bottle Gourd/ Lauki/ Duddhi- Cashew Nut Burfi)" is done and ready. you can break them into pieces where they are marked and then put them in air tight containers and store well for over a week. Though a tedious task of almost 2 hours, they turned out excellent in taste, so do give it a try. 

** There are many more burfi and other sweet dishes along with savories, snacks and other dishes posted in the blog. Please do use the search option and go through the recipe and try them out, they are all tried and tested in my home and have been relished by my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.