Saturday, October 31, 2020

Gulab Jamoon/jamun.


“Gulab Jamoon/jamun” … Kojagiri Purnima Greetings to all my friends here … this day also known as Sharad Purnima is a harvest festival celebrated on the full moon day of the Hindu lunar month of Ashvin, marking the end of the monsoon season … Goddess MahaLakshmi in all her eight forms of “AshtaLakshmi” is worshiped today, as it is believed that the Goddess was born today … May Mata bless us all with health, wealth, happiness, peace, prosperity and also bestow on us protection against evil, enemies and adversities. It is also believed that on this day the Moon is at its full brightness radiating all brilliance and showers blessing on all … sweet milk is also offered and thereby shared with family and friends today … I am sharing Gulab Jamuns, a delicious soft centered deep fried balls soaked in flavored thick sugar syrup that almost every Indian loves to have as a dessert … Yummilicious ...

** Gulab Jamoon/ Jamun needs no introduction to anybody round the world I guess, at least all Indian know of these sweet desserts served at every occasion almost by everybody be it any community any religion. Though there are many methods of preparing the gulab jamoons with a mixture of different ingredients the easiest of them is all is the readily available powder packets used to preparing the same, they almost turn perfect every time and are sort of foolproof method that can be depended on when you are in a hurry. I had a packet which I had brought during Navratri and used only little bit of the powder to make a few jamuns for Naivedyam while the rest I had stored to be prepared later on in the fridge. Today being Kojagiri Purnima thought of emptying that packet as I did not want to store the opened powder packet for a longtime. So here are delicious spongy gulab jamoons for all. I have followed the instructions on the packet and prepared these as it is. 

** Though I have no much knowledge on Kojagiri Purnima as I never came across it when I grew up, nor was it so know in Mangalore those day, at least to the best of my knowledge … I learnt about this festival after my marriage and settling in Mumbai. I have written an article on whatever little I know of, you can read through if interested via the link shared below …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.