Friday, August 28, 2020

Gardudde- Badam Halwa/ Bottle Gourd- Almond Halva.


"Naivedyam : Gardudde- Badam Halwa/ Bottle Gourd- Almond Halva" ...  a delicious halwa that tastes really awesome ... Yummilicious .... 

** Here is a delicious Naivedyam I prepared for the first time on just a trial basis that turned out fantastic. I had prepared this a few weeks back, but due to a bad back I could not do any posting in my blog as I was advised on bed rest for sometime. Though work has to go on, I took in between rests and continued my work. But I was not prepared for this one as it took a lot of time and I was really tired by the end as standing was becoming difficult. But the halwa is really worth it, simply delicious and I am really waiting to get well soon and prepare the same again and eat to hearts content. I will be sharing the recipe directly as I am falling short on time as there is lot of pending work to be done. Take Care, Be Safe, Stay Blessed. 

** Here is my simple recipe for “Gardudde- Badam Halwa/ Bottle Gourd- Almond Halva" … that I prepared for Naivedyam … 

** Recipe : Soak one cup of Almonds/ Badam in warm water for 30 minutes or till you can remove the outer skin. When you find that you can loosen the skin out drain of water completely and peel off the same and keep it ready. 

** Note : You can also put the almonds in a glassware dish filled with water and run in the microwave for 2 minutes and allow to rest for 5 minutes. You can then peel off the skin easily immediately, it saves on time. 

** Add the prepared almonds into a mixer grinder along with ½ a cup of full fat milk that has been boiled and cooled. Remove and keep this aside ready. 

** In a thick bottomed kadai heat 2 tblsp of ghee/toop and add in 5-6 cups of grated tender bottle gourd (without skin)/ duddi/ gardudde and fry for a few minutes till softened, say for approximated for about 5-8 minutes. 

** Now add in ground almonds, half liter of full fat boiled milk and cook on medium flame till it starts thickening. Lower the heat and cook for another few minutes stirring often. 

** Add in a tblsp of ghee mix well and then add in 2 heaped cups of sugar/ shakkar and continue to cook on medium heat. The mixture will thin out once again, but keep stirring till it leaves sides. 

** Once again add in another 2 tblsp of ghee and mix well and continue cooking till it leaves the sides and comes to a balling consistency. 

** Finally add half a tsp of cardamom/ ellaichi/ yella powder, mix well and remove from fire, put it on a greased plate to cool well. 

** “Gardudde- Badam Halwa/ Bottle Gourd- Almond Halva" is done and ready to be offered to God as Naivedyam and thereby distributed amongst family and friends. This is a very delicious halwa that is sured to be loved by one and all, so do give it a try. 

** This halwa takes time to be done, so don’t hurry up the process and also prepare it when you have plenty of time in hand. It took me more than an hour to do the same, but the result is worth it, so do give it a try for sure and also give me a feedback if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.