Monday, August 31, 2020

My Thali~ 215.


My Thali~ 215. : A father holds his daughters hand for a short while, but makes a permanent place in her heart ... my father was a foodie and one dish he insisted on having at every function was bibbe upkari ..... "My Thali : Moogu- Surnu- Ambade Gashi (Sprouted Green Gram- Yam- Hogplum Curry), Madgane (Chana Dal Payasam), Beetroot Raita (Salad), Pagila- Surnu- Karathe Podi (Spine Gourd- Yam- Bitter Gourd Fries/ Bajia), Bibbo- Tendle Upkari (Cashew Nut- Gherkins Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)" ... Time goes by too fast, 22 yrs have passed by today and I hold on to the treasured memories while in my heart the void will always be there ... 

** Today ie on 27th of August is the day my father left for his heavenly abode in the year 1998. 22 yrs is a long time for many but sometimes it passes of so soon before your realize the same. It is as though it was just yesterday that he was with us. I try to prepare a few of his favorite dishes on this day and to some sort of charity too, rest I leave it at the lotus feet of Lord Krishna to rest him in peace. Here is my thali of today that I prepared in his memory. My father as I mentioned was a foodie and always insisted we learn good cooking and enjoy them at home, he always made a point to bring home any dish he savored outside so that we too could relish it and try it out at home. Well, cooking is in our genes and all of us siblings love to cook good food and enjoy them. Sharing links of the recipes to the dishes below as is my usual practice. Do go through the same and try them out in your home. 

** Sharing the links to recipe of the dishes in the picture shared above, do try them out if available and relish it with your family …..

** For “Moogu- Surnu- Ambade Gashi (Sprouted Green Gram- Yam- Hogplum Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, the recipe is the same except here I have added suran/ yam in place of keerulu/ bamboo shoots … 

** For “Madgane (Chana Dal Payasam)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Beetroot Raita (Salad)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Pagila Podi (Spine Gourd/ Kantola Fries)” Recipe, I have given two links below in one the method is of deep frying while the other is tava fry, for this particular dish on the picture the pagila was deep fried, you may choose any method. Please follow the links given below … 

** For “Yam Fries/ Surna Podi” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Karela/ Karathe Podi/ Bitter Gourd Fries” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Bibbo- Tendle Upkari (Cashew Nut- Gherkins Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.