Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sweet Madgane with Tiny Rasvodos (Chana Dal Payasam with Rice Vadas).


"Sweet Madgane with Tiny Rasvodos (Chana Dal Payasam with Rice Vadas)" ... for a change had prepared these sanu sanu vodo/ bite sized vadas with the remaining rasvado mixture to be dunked in madgane yesterday which I forgot to post, you can eat them as it is too like crispies ... Yummilicious .....

** This is a delayed posting as this dish was prepared on Gudi Padwa/ Ugadhi day, but could not be posted due to the sudden rising of pandemic situation round the world. Sharing my dishes with all my friends here as and when possible. As, I am unable to edit posts, requesting all of my friends to bear with me for the same. It is very disheartening situation for all of us worldwide that we are hit by something that is beyond our imagination and thoughts, however by God’s grace we are under the brilliant leadership of our able Prime Minister, so let us all abide by the rules issued by the Government and stay at home and go out to buy only essentials when need be. 

** I am Praying for All, including you and your family and thanking those brave people working tirelessly to keep us safe against COVID19, at the risk of their own life. Together We Will- We Can- We Should ... Do not panic, keep in touch via network and Stay Safe. Let us all pray together to almighty that the world sails through this crises safely and all of us come out unscratched. "Swast Raho~ Swach Rakho~ Ghar meyhi Raho~ Tabhi Toh Bachega Humara Bharat, Humara World” … //Siyavara Ramachandra Ki Jai// 


** I have already written the recipe for both Madgane and Rasvodo before in the Blog. Madgane as you all know is a sweet payasam prepared out of chana dal / bengal gram dal to which jaggery and coconut milk are added. A traditional and very famous dish from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine that’s prepared during most festival especially Gudi Padwa. In my home for the last 3 decades after my marriage I have always prepared Chana Dal Madgane/ Payasam and served it with rasvodo the traditional way during the festival. 

** RasVodo means vado’s dipped in ras/ payasam and here rice vadas are prepared, deep fried and then dunked in madgane to be served. In my home we love it and I always prepare the same. This time there was some mixture of the vada in excess, so I kept it in airtight container in fridge and prepare small rupee coin sized vads the next day and served them with Madgane again that which had remained from previous day. I must say the vadas tasted awesome and these taste tastier than the larger sized ones that I prepared on previous day. 

** The recipe remains the same to both Madgane and RasVodo and I am sharing two links below, you can check them out for reference. Here I have only prepared the vads into tiny size as shown in the picture posted above and deep fried them till evenly browned. You can serve them dunked in the madgane or can relish the vadas as it is too as they tasted awesome. I must try more variations with this one and sure to post the same as and when I try, till then do try out this delicious combo dish and enjoy with your family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.