Thursday, April 9, 2020

Ribbon Tukdi/ Pakoda


“Ribbon Tukdi/ Pakoda” … prepared these delicious small sized ribbon shaped tukdi/ pakoda with the same outer covering that I used for biscuit rotti yesterday … Remember, no wasting of food has been my motto always … I had some leftover dough leftover from yesterday's paneer biscuit rotti and was in no mood to prepare it again, so just rolled them, gave small ribbon cuts and fried them … crispy delicious ribbon tukdi ready to be munched as time pass … 

** I have already given posted paneer biscuit tukdi which I had prepared as the milk at home had got curdled. I also used they whey water for binding the outer cover for the poori. I had prepared the inner filling on lesser quantity as I was not sure how the biscuit rotti would turn out, though tasty it was not crisp exterior coz. of the paneer inner filling. The outer covering was leftover which I did not want to prepare again into biscuit rotti with other inner filling or so. Though the biscuit rotti dough I normally prepare is different, I decided to go ahead with this leftover dough and prepare it into tukdi. 


** I rolled out the same into very large sized roti and while cutting them gave it the cuts of small sized ribbon in place of diamond cuts. Though I did want to prepare it in the real long ribbon size, I hesitated as my kadai was smaller in size and the same would not get fried well. Well I deep fried them and my happiness knew no bounds when they turned out real crisp and tasty. To all out there never waste food, turn them out into something different by giving so twist and enjoy a newly prepared dish. I have never thrown or wasted leftover food and always used them into something different in the best way possible. 

** I will not repeat the recipe again here as there is no recipe here as such, I just used the leftover dough prepared for biscuit rotti, so I am sharing the link of that recipe below, if you are interested in trying out the same. Just follow the recipe given under “Binding the outer Covering” and follow the instructions given then. Just roll them out large in size say about 12-14 inches diameter and then cut them into strips with serrated disk or pizza cutter. Deep fry till crisp, strain and place it over an absorbent paper for excess oil to get drained off. Store it in an airtight box and serve as and when needed, great to munch when boredom strikes.

** For the “Paneer Biscuit Rotti” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.