Friday, April 3, 2020

My Humble Festive Thali- 189 on the occasion of Ram Navami.


"My Humble Festive Thali- 189 on the occasion of Ram Navami : Panak (Spiced Jaggery Drink), Mooga Dali Chettambado (Green Gram Dal Vada),Tingalavro- Kooka Bendi (White Beans- Chinese Potato Curry), Bibbe Upkari (Cashew Nut Bhaji/ Stir Fry), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), Surai SheetHa (Rice), Chana Dal- Lapsi Godi Khichidi (Bengal Gram Dal- Broken Wheat/ Bansi Rava Sweet Khichidi)" ... I am preparing a full meal as Naivedyam during Ram Navami almost after 20 yrs as for years now we have had prasada jevana at our samaj where the festival is celebrated with great pomp on this day ... Heart is filled with sorrow that we could not offer our seva to Lord Rama this year ... this is the best I could do with available resources at home ... Wishing all "A Very Happy Ram Navami" Seeking Blessings for all- Stay Safe- Stay At Home- Stay Blessed .... 

** This Time Rama Navami the birth of Lord Shri Rama which is celebrated with great pomp by our GSB Mandal Thane, to which both hubby being in committee and me being a volunteer had to forgo the event as it stood cancelled under the present crisis that the whole world is suffering. After over 20 yrs I am preparing a Naivedyam at home as such problem had never arisen before and for the last few days I am doing my bit as a Blogger and Admin of my food group Konkani Delicacies but as a duty, while my mind is not really pleased. Yet I did not want to cut down on Naivedyam and did whatever was possible with that which was available at home. Praying Lord Rama to forgive me for the same and all of you please bear with the limited and delayed posting. I know all of you understand this situation very well as all of us are going through the same crisis together. 

** Together We Will- We Can- We Should ... Do not panic, keep in touch via network and Stay Safe. Let us all pray together to almighty that the world sails through this crises safely and all of us come out unscratched. "Swast Raho~ Swach Rakho~ Ghar meyhi Raho~ Tabhi Toh Bachega Humara Bharat, Humara World” … //Siyavara Ramachandra Ki Jai// 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish ..... 

1.. For "Panak/ Spiced Jaggery Drink/ Coolant" Recipe”, Please follow the link given below, I have included the original method and a few with variation, do try them out, all are equally tasty .... 

2. For “Mooga Dali Chettambado (Green Gram Dal Vada), with and without Onion” Recipe, I have prepared in many combos and will be preparing more in the near future too. you will find them in the search option or you can choose to use the common link shared below … 

3. For “Tingalavro- Kooka Bendi (White Beans- Chinese Potato Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

4. For “Bibbe Upkari (Cashew Nut Bhaji/ Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, I have also included a common link where there is the traditional one with gherkins too …. 

5. For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)" … A delicious Konkani Saraswat Dal that tastes well with rice. A must during every meal in our community, we simply love our dal with rice. 

6. For “Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa” … Rice cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch. The rice remains well cooked without sticking to each other … Do try this formula/ method of cooking as it is very healthy 

7. For “Chana Dal- Lapsi Godi Khichidi (Bengal Gram Dal- Broken Wheat/ Bansi Rava Sweet Khichidi)" Recipe, Please follow the link given below, I have also included a common link to both sweet and spicy khichidi posted in the Blog, there are many choices that which you can choose which you feel will be loved by your family … 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/ Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.