Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Patrade Podi/Tava Fried Colocasia Leaves Spirals.


“Patrade Podi/Tava Fried Colocasia Leaves Spirals Slices/ Alu Vadi” … These are delicious crisp tava fried podi’s/ fries prepared out of patrode slices … tastes superb when served as side dish with dalitoy- rice or you can just relish them on as snack for tea time … Yummilicious .... 

** Patrado is well know dish prepared in Konkani Saraswats Home. This is a decious steamed delight that is prepared with colocasia leaves rolled in spirals and then sliced and relished. For any south Indian Patrado is a very well dish and needs no intro. I myself have posted many recipe with slight variations on preparing this delicious dish, both traditional and with my own twists. These fries were prepared using Patrado slices that I prepared a day back. The patrado too was prepared giving my own slight twist to the batter preparation. This particular Patrado is prepared with Kirlailele Moogu- Chane Dali ani Tandulu/ Colocasia Leaves Vadi with Sprouted whole Green Gram- Bengal Gram Dal-Rice and tastes delicious when served steaming hot topped with coconut oil. The next day we usually slice them into 1/3 inch thick slices roll them on fine rava/chiroti rava to which a pinch of salt and chilly powder is added (optional) and then tava fry them with little bit oil until crisp. 


** These crisp fried patrade podi tastes awesome when you bite them on hot as it is or for lunch/dinner along with other dishes. Come patrade panna/ colocasia leaves season and this is a common sight in my home just as it is in most GSB homes. In my community, we simply love relishing this dish steaming hot topped with coconut oil with dalitoy and rice. I have posted these podi prepared with patrodo slices that I prepared in different combinations. There is no point in repeating the method again, so I am posting one previous link of the same where in there are many pictures attached that will explain you exactly how this podi is crisp fried. Do try out patrade podi whenever you prepare patrado and enjoy with your family and friends. I am sure they will be loved by one and all. You can even relish them as starts with a lovely piping hot soup too. Do carry them in your lunch box to your office and surprise your friends at lunch time with this Konkani Delicacy. 

** Given below is a link to crisp tava fried patrade pannache podi/colocasia leaves slices fried, which includes step picture too … 

** Sharing a common link below to Patrado and Podi’s, which you can also browse through for more recipes …

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.