Sunday, August 25, 2019

Maa Ka Aanchal~My Mom's Sarees.


Sarees; Oh Yeah, that 7 yards of silk spun cloth with beautiful prints of gold, has always caught my fascination .. sigh, that lost innocent childhood .. I have nostalgic memories of growing up eyeing my Mom's sarees which I wrapped round myself haphazardly, looking at myself in the 5 ft long mirror, trying to figure out how she wore it?? I wanted to wear them all, her sarees, her gold ornaments, accessories, not to mention my siblings dresses which I sighed in relief when I finally got them unlike when I got new ones .. accessories like ear rings, bangles were tried on often even if they were far too large and literally fell off my hands .. nail polish was something applied during holidays as in school it was not allowed, yet I wanted that same color too .. payal was also not allowed, but i wore them on holidays tightening them with threads .. Aaahhhaa, not to forget lipstick, this was something I always tried innocently, applying a little bit too loudly, corners imperfect, despite getting spankings for the same .. sandles and heels 5 times larger are something every girl tries on walking with, even if it means tripping over and getting bruised .. oh, yes the first saree I wore was Mom's, blouse my sister's, who rolled it round me pinning it nicely and oh, yeah, lol, I felt I looked lovely and swirled round swinging the pallu, yep, the influence of old B&W Madubala- Nargis movies ... I was a keen observer and learned fast .. so these 7 yards of silk in the long run became a passion with a huge collection to date .. which I love to wrap round me ... oh those 7 yards of silk that cling beautifully to body whatever shape it may be in, is just Beautiful .. and I still hummmm .. Bachapan ke din bulana dena .. I guess every girl likes to doll up ...

Picture Courtesy : Google net.
** Disclaimer : This is an article written by me just on thoughts when I saw this picture on fb today. I was flashed back to memories of childhood when we did exactly and much things that I have penned down. This article is written solely by me and not read or picked from any source, books or text matter. The picture is an article on fb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.