Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)-Rice-Rava Onion Appos/Paniyarams.


"Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)~Rice~Rava Onion Appos/ Paniyarams" ... served with Egg- Raw Tomato Kurma and Ginger Tea (Adraki Chai) along with some ripe papaya pieces ... I always prepare dosa batters a little bit more so that I can add on something and prepare another bf dish the next morning ... sort of two in one that cuts down on work load ... here are delicious appos / paniyarams with crisp fried onion that tastes awesome with any side dish ... Yummilicious ......

** These beautiful crisp exterior with roasted textured onion and spongy within appos were born out of the leftover dosa batter from Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice Dosa prepared yesterday. Be it dosa or Idly I always prepare in bulk as it gives me relief from the next day bf routine, at times even a day after that. A plain dosa batter can be prepared into at least 4-5 different varieties of bf dishes by tweaking them a little bit. You can add on some powdered pulses and turn it out into another dosa, or remove appos/doddak etc. well the options are many I remember I made a post before of one batter prepared in 4 different ways. Today also I simply added a little bit of rava to the batter to bring in crispness and removed appos. I also first added a few finely chopped onions and allowed it to get a little bit fried before I added on the batter. Yummy the appos were too good. Again, I had prepared the egg curry early morning, so served it with a little bit of the curry and it was simply awesome. Well, I am sure all of you must also be doing the same thing in your homes, but then there are some who might not be aware too, so this one is for all those who want a little bit of rest, yet taste different dishes and enjoy a delicious breakfast. I am sharing the link at the bottom of this recipe for the batter of Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice Dosa, you can prepare dosa the first and prepare appos the next day like how I did. 

** Here is the simple method of preparing “Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice-Rava Onion Appos/ Paniyarams” from the left over Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice Dosa batter …. 

** I have add approximately 3 cups of batter to which I added about 2 tblsp of bombay rava and mixed well. Keep this aside for 10-20 minutes as rava tends to soak in water and you may need to check the batter before removing the appos lest it turns hard in texture. After 10-12 minutes beat the batter well and check the consistency, if need add in some water and salt to taste. The batter should be that of dosa batter consistency itself. 

** Chop one medium sided onion to fine pieces. Keep this ready aside. Now heat the appe pan, when hot add in ½ tsp of oil into each dent in the pan. Add in a few pieces of finely chopped onion and let cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Now top up each dents with the prepared batter, cover with a lid and cook on slow to medium flame till the appos are crisp on the bottom and done. Gently flip over each appos and cook the top side too for a few minutes. Remove and serve them hot. 


** "Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice- Rava Onion Appos/Paniyarams” are done and ready to be served. You can serve them with any chutney or curry of your choice. I served them with Egg- Raw Tomato Kurma which I had prepared for lunch and it was simply delicious combo. Appos always taste great when served with spicy gravy dishes, do try them out in such combos, I am sure your family and friends will love them, children will definitely do so. 

** Note : Addition of Onions is optional and you may leave out. If preferred you can add in grated carrots, finely chopped onions into the batter too. You can also season the appos by adding mustard seeds and a small piece of curry leaf into the oil in the dent first, wait for it to splutter and then pour the batter into the dents. I am sharing a common link below for appos posted before, you can check out the same for variations. 

** For the "Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)- Rice Dosa” Batter Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For the “Egg-Raw Tomato Kurma” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** I am sure all of you know how to prepare a good “Strong Ginger Tea/Kadak Adraki Chai”, But if not, you can always go through th link given below … 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.