Friday, July 2, 2021

Ripe Mango Lemonade.


“Ripe Mango Lemonade” … here is a coolant that helps in maintaining body nutrients when the weather is not at all pleasant as its neither cool nor hot today, but the humidity makes you want to drink loads of liquid … mangoes and lemon both have abundant quantity of Vitamin C, the need of the time … try this lemonade with addition of ripe mangoes which are fast disappearing as the season is coming to an end …. Yummilicious …

** Fruit Juices are something I love the most and my all time favorite is mosambi juice, though I love all fruit juices and make it a point to always have them at mid morning in my office which I carry from home. I go in for fruits in season to prepare the juices and the current craze is definitely of mangoes. They have flooded the market and you get varieties of them for very cheap, I guess there must have been a bumper crop of the same.

** Today the weather is not at all a pleasant one, it is neither raining nor is there sunshine which has raised the humidity level high, making one want to reach out to a glass of water or juice often. Though I prefer hot soups or drinks when its raining, today I wanted something cooler to quench the never ending thirst. I had both ripe mangoes and lemons at home, so added them both and prepared a delicious coolant high on vitamin C.

** There is no recipe as such for this coolant, you just need to prepare mango juice add in a dash of lemon juice, sugar to taste, a pinch of kala namak, a few ice cubes and its done. So, go ahead and try them in your home and enjoy it with your family. You can also go through the common link which I will be sharing below this recipe and try out the various combinations of coolant shared in the blog before, they are all very healthy and tasty.

** Here is my simple recipe for “Ripe Mango Lemonade” … My style …

** Peel of the outer skin or slice it off thinly with the help of a sharp knife 2 ripe mangoes (ambo/ aam). Cut the fleshy portion into cubes and put it in a mixer grinder along with one cup of chilled water and run till it is ground to a smooth puree.

** Add in another glass of chilled water and blend for another minute or so. Pour this through a fine stainless steel sieve into a vessel. Sieving helps in removing the fibers if any as it is unpleasant to have in juice while drinking.

** Here I have used Dasheri Mangoes which do contain a lot of fiber within. In all I got about 6 glasses of mango juice. I squeezed out the juice of 3 fresh lemons (nimboo/ limbiyo) and added it to the mango juice along with ½ tsp of kala namak (black salt)

** Addition of sugar (shakkar/ sakkara) depends upon the sweetness of the mangoes, however to the best of my judgment each glass needs atleast 2 tsp of sugar which is how I measure and add. Mix all well together till the sugar has mixed in.

** “Ripe Mango Lemonade” is done and ready to be served. Serve in glasses topped with a few ice cubes if desired or if you have not used chilled water while preparing, you can keep the juice in fridge for 2 hours to get cooled and then serve it too.

** I have added a few lemon skin thinly sliced to the juice, which is not necessary as many do not like munching on them, in my home however we like to have them but remember to slice them very thin and the outermost skin rind only.

** Make it a point to always serve your family especially children and teenager's with homemade juice and try to stop them overdosing on store bought ones as they are definitely not good for health as they contain a lot of sugar, chemicals and preservatives.

** Sharing a common link to all the “Juices” shared before in my blog before, you may browse through them in liesure and try them out when in season, there are many more other types of drinks both hot and cold shared which you may go through search/ label option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.