Monday, July 2, 2018

Ellaichi Adraki Chai/ Cardamom Ginger Tea.


“Ellaichi Adraki Chai/ Cardamom Ginger Tea.” … My Day starts with my cuppa of hot chai, my lifeline for nearly two decades now … Just one cup in the morning during bf keeps my day going, be it summer, monsoon or winter … This one is with the goodness of Adrak (Ginger) and Ellaichi (Cardamom) .... Sip on when its steaming hot and Enjoy ...... 

** As I have written before I was neither addicted to Tea or Coffee throughout my childhood, through adolescence till recently about 2 decades back when I was forced to have some hot beverage for health reasons. Yes, I had developed a severe throat infection that would not go away for months. Finally, changing of oil, stopping of spicy food and sipping on hot beverages like tea and soups did the trick of healing. I have written in detail all I have to say about chai/tea that has now become my lifeline a few months before when I posted “kadak Adraki Chai/Strong Ginger Tea”, so without repeating myself, I will share the link to that post at the bottom of this recipe, please do go through the interesting read and do share in your thoughts too. 

** Coming to Tea, I slowly was hooked to strong ginger tea over last 18 yrs, it has stayed, and now I enjoy my cup of tea very much. I try including different masala’s to tea and experiment on the taste. Though ginger has stayed my favorite, I sometimes like the addition of cardamom and other spices too. I was surprised when my friends who keep giving me tips on keeping my blog update insisted I should include the numerous types of chai and kashays I prepare. I was surprised, I mean kashay recipe to be blogged is OK … but chai/tea?? I feel everybody knows how to prepare a chai, Isn’t it?? 

** After thinking a lot, I sensed what they were saying was true, coz. there are many young married children out there who are new to kitchen and feel lost even in simple matters. I though why not, If it helps them, then that would bring me immense joy, after all that is what I blog for, my line being “Sharing Is Caring”. So today, It is simple hot “Ellaichi Adraki Chai/ Cardamom Ginger Tea.”. A simple tea with the inclusion of adrak (ginger) and ellaichi (cardamom). Soon to post many more, until then sip on this cuppa of aromatic chai hot and start the day with a bang. 

** Here is to my Method of preparing “Ellaichi Adraki Chai/ Cardamom Ginger Tea.” …. My Style. 

** Add on 2 cups of purified water with 2 cups of skimmed milk, into thick bottomed stainless steel vessel. My ratio of chai / tea is always 1:1, you can make your own variation. If using full fat milk do increase the ratio of water. I use skimmed cow’s milk, which is almost zero in fat, hence I add on in 1:1 ratio. 

** Note : All types of milk sometimes do not give desired effect or get curdled when tea leaves are added to them on boiling point. Therefore, that is one more additional point that you have got to keep in mind. The milk has to be fresh and boiled before adding on the tea leaves to be assured against curdling. Also either use glass ware dishes or stainless steel, I recommend stainless steel dishes always as they are user / environment friendly. 

** Bring the water + milk to a boiling point on medium to high heat. Once it reach almost the boiling point, lower the heat and add in 4 tblsp of tea powder/ dried leaves/ chai ki patti. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil then lower the heat to simmering point and simmer for a good 5 minutes. Do not leave the brewing tea/ chai unattended. 

** Note : Again addition of the amount of dried tea leaves is individual choice and the brand of the tea leaves. There are many types of dried tea leaves available in the market and each have their own aroma and strong flavor. It is for you to decide which brand suits to your liking. Also how strong you want the tea is also individual preference. The more you simmer the stronger the chai, but not so every time, it may turn bitter if you overdo it. So use your judgment and play safe initially, overtime you will be more accustomed with the preparation. 

** Once the chai / tea has simmered/ brewed well it turns into a awesome dark color and the aroma fills the room in fact it even leaves the home and to neighbors home. Now the tea is actually ready, if you want to serve it immediately. But for this particular chai / tea we add adraki (ginger) + ellaichi (Cardamom), so grate or finely crush 1.5 inch of washed and finely chopped ginger along 2 two whole green cardamom (along with it’s outer skin). Both ginger and cardamom should be finely crushed then add this to the simmering tea and continue simmering for another 2-3 minutes and it’s done. 

** Sieve the tea/ chai into individual cup / glasses through a fine sieve. Add on sugar to the cup of tea / chai as per individual choice / preference. Sugar should always be added slightly lesser in quantity if it is added prior to the tea ie when tea is prepared in bulk, so that those who want it sweeter can always help themselves to some more and the others need not wrinkle their nose in distaste. Also sometimes some people prefer to have sugar at time and at times not too. 

** You can also serve sugar as per individual liking into the individual glasses if need be. There are sometimes diabetics who do not take sugar in coffee / tea, then there are also some odd people like me who love their tea without sugar, I know its funny, but I really do not like sugar in my cuppa of tea. In fact I have come across many people who refrain from addition of sugar to tea or coffee for health reasons. If they can sip it or if I can relish it so can you. Try it, cutting down of both sugar and salt is good for health. 

** “Ellaichi Adraki Chai/ Cardamom Ginger Tea" is done and ready to be served. Always serve Chai/ Tea steaming hot by adding on sugar on individual choice along with breakfast or evening snacks / tiffin. You can also enjoy this tea in between at mid morning or any other time you want a break. Some also have the habit of having Tea/ Chai after heavy lunch in a gap of say an hour or so. However, you like your Tea/ Chai, try adding on Ginger/ Adrak to your chai and enjoy the awesome aromatic flavor and the health benefits of Ginger. 

** Please do go through my Article on “Kadak Adraki Chai/ Strong Ginger Tea” Where you will find in details of step by step pictures by clicking on the link given below …. 

** You can also go through my Article on Coffee Preparation shared in blog before, Please go through the link given below … 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.