Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Seasonal Veg. Thali 141.


"My Seasonal Veg. Thali 141: Phodshi-Onion-Cabbage Ambado (Fritters/Vada), Gante' Bhutti Keerlu ani Bikkanda ghalnu (Colocasia Knots-Jackfruit Seeds-Bamboo Shoots Curry), Duddhe Upkari (Pumpkin Bhaji), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)" ... monsoon is the season of veggies and leafy veggies, there are so many dishes lined up ... here is my most fav. gante' bhutti, had kept some mixture of ambado aside for today ... In all a delicious meal ..... Yummilicious ..... 

** Ahhha It’s that time of the year which is loved the most in my home, yeah, its monsoon time. Though we love the rains, off course but in limits, no flooding please, we love it more for the seasonal veggies that are available almost for 4-5 coming months. Mumbai is a town were almost everything is available all round the year. Food is available round the clock for those whose wallets are full while many unfortunately go to bed hungry. I pray God that it never happens in the near future and that the Government does a fantastic job about seeing to it that nobody dies of malnutrition and nobody sleeps hungry. Every mouth should be fed with healthy morsel of food and that day, I will be proud to note that India, my country has progressed. Having said it, trust me it is not the Government’s duty alone, why always pass the buck, if each earning member decides to feed one person on regular basis I am sure the problem will be solved with a click of finger. 

** Why not? Don’t waste food, take the step today, teach children the same too, teach them the habit of sharing, there was time when my father made us 10 members of the family divide and eat only 2 - 5 Star cadbury’s, not because he could not buy another few, it was to teach us to share. All of us should do that too, I often see children each one having their own large bars of chocolates and I cringe in distaste and silently always thank my parents for not putting this habit in us. Well, I am off topic I guess, so sharing a thali again to which I have already posted links of each particular dish, so sharing the same below, do check it out and try in your homes and enjoy with your family and friends and yes, do remember there are so many out there in the cold going without food, just cook a little bit more just to feed a few orphans once in way. By doing so, your family will be blessed oodles by those helpless parents who see their children dying of hunger. 


** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the thali above, please go through the link for that particular dish ….. 

1. For the “Phodshi-Onion-Cabbage Ambado (Fritters/Vada)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

2. For the “Gante' Bhutti Keerlu ani Bikkanda ghalnu (Colocasia Knots- Jackfruit Seeds- Bamboo Shoots Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

3. For the “Duddhe Upkari (Red Pumkin Stir Fry/Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …… 

4. For the “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free / Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" where you will get many more combination of thali’s. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the link below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 19K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.