"Spiced Simple Yellow Rice" .... here is a delicious mildly spiced that I often prepare to be served with Veg or Non -Veg. Curries … do try it, it tastes awesome served with your favorite dishes ... Yummilicious ...
** This is a mildly spiced yellow color rice that I often prepare to serve with spicy curries be it Veg. or Non. Veg dishes. In my home this simple rice is a favorite with both chicken and egg curry and sometimes with fish curry too especially Raja Panna Upkari (Spicy Mackerel Curry), you must give that combo a try if like us you to love fish curries. Sharing my simple recipe which I prepared in pressure cooker.
** I often prepare rice dishes using pressure cooker as it is not only faster but easier too, however, in case of addition of soft veggies I avoid this method lest they turn mushy. Here I have not added any and it was a breeze work to prepare in this method, you may chose any that you prefer. I am a newbie here so do excuse lapse if any and it would be wonderful if you could give me a feedback as encouragement.
** Here is how I prepared this "Spiced Simple Yellow Rice" ... my style ...
** Ingredients :
Basmati Rice/ Jeera Rice : 2 cups.
Salt/ Namak/ Meeta : to taste
Hot Water : 3 cups.
Ghee/ Toop : 3-4 tblsp
** Spices :
Jeera / cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Whole black pepper/ Kali Miri/ Mire : 1 tsp
Coarsely powdered pepper powder/ Mire Pitti : 1 tsp
Haldi/ Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Black Cardamom/ Ellaichi/ Yelu : 2
Tej Patta : 1
** Wash and soak basmati/ jeera rice in plenty of water for 30 mins. Drain water, rinse well and add into a colander to strain excess water.
** Heat ghee in pressure cooker pan, when melted lower the heat to minimum and add all spices and fry for a few seconds.
** Add in the drained rice and fry well for 1-2 minutes without letting them burn. Finally add hot water, salt to taste and mix well.
** Cover the pressure cooker lid and cook to one whistle on medium heat, then lower the heat to minimum and cook for 3-4 mins. Now increase the heat and cook to one more whistle then switch off and allow to cool completely.
** Once the pressure has been released and you are able to open the lid, gently do so and allow the rice to cool undisturbed for 5 minutes.
** Then with the help of a large fork loosen the rice a little bit and allow to cool up a bit for 2-3 minutes and then remove into a serving dish.
** "Spiced Simple Yellow Rice" is done and ready to be served. Tastes best served with chicken or egg curry though you can serve it with any spicy Veg. curry too. I served it with "Murg (Chicken) Ghazi Khan" curry and it was a wonderful combo. I have shared that recipe just before this one in Blog, you may browse through and try it if you are fond of non. veg dishes too otherwise you can always serve it with any spicy veggie curry of your choice too. Try, it in your home, tastes simple yet delicious.
** As I mentioned, I am a newbie to Blogging, editing, clicking etc. This recipe has been edited again just for the sake of proper formatting and keeping the Blog all over similar and there has been no changes in recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks.