Thursday, December 9, 2021

My Festive Naivedyam Thali~ 320.


“My Festive Naivedyam Thali~ 320 : Chana Dal- Rava Godi Khichidi (Bengal Gram Dal- Rava Sweet Pongal), Kananga Podi (Sweet Potato Fries), Tomato Beetroot Saaru (Saar), Kuvale Sasam (Ash Gourd Curry), Cauliflower Upkari (Bhaji), Beetroot Upkari (Bhaji), Kokum Taaka (Buttermilk), SheetHa (Rice)” … Sharing my festive prasada jevana/ meal with all my friends here on the auspicious occasion of ... Mahalasa Narayani Shashti- Manjeshwar Shashti- Dahisar RatHa Saptami- Subrahmanya Champa Shasthi and Margashirmasa/ Dhanurmasa which we fondly call as Khichidimasa ... God Bless All with Happiness …

** I have often mentioned about these festive occasion which is a very auspicious and followed by allmost all Konkani GSB Saraswats. All of these ie Mahalasa Narayani Shashti (my kula devi day)- Manjeshwar Shashti (Ananteshwar temple)- Dahisar RatHa Saptami (in Mumbai)- Subrahmanya Champa Shasthi fall on the same day and being Margashirmasa/ Dhanurmasa month which we fondly call as Khichidimasa everybody prepares sweet khichidi for Naivedyam today and in many homes throughout the month in different varieties.

** Without running into more details as I have written about them on each festive period for years before I am sharing my this year’s Naivedyam which I was fortunate enough to be able to prepare. I am really feeling blessed for having done this much, though I have been doing more before, but them these days somehow I am unable to carry on much work. But with faith miracles do happen, so today, I felt fine to do the following dishes as Naivedyam/ Prasada Jevana (meal). Enjoy visuals, Stay Safe, Stay Blessed, Spread Happiness.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Chana Dal- Rava Godi Khichidi (Bengal Gram Dal- Rava Sweet Pongal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Kananga Podi (Sweet Potato Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Tomato Beetroot Saaru (Saar)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Kuvale Sasam (Ash Gourd Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Cauliflower Upkari (Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Beetroot Upkari (Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For “Kokum Taak (Buttermilk)” Recipe, I followed an instant method. I used Aagal a kokum concentrate available in stores. You just need to add it on to any dish you desire to add kokum and it serves the purpose. I came across this recently and after that I always use the same. Just beat one cup of thick curds with 2 cups of water and ¼ cup of kokum aagal well. Check and add in more water if necessary. Add some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves to the same along with a few crushed green chillies, a dash of hing powder and jeera powder and mix well. Allow to rest for some time and serve as it is or you can sieve the same and then serve.

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.