Wednesday, December 11, 2019

My Festive Thali (Vegetarian)~168.


My Festive Thali (Vegetarian)~168 : Datta Jayanthi Greetings to all my Friends ... "Nendrabale Kele Podi (Ripe Banana Fries), Chane Gashi with Kooka (Whole Black Bengal Gram- Chinese Potato Curry), Mixed Vegetable Upkari (Bhaji), Chane Saaru with Tomato (Saar), SheetHa (Rice), Madgane with Rasvodo (Chana Dal Payasam with Rice Vadas)" .... Sharing my Naivedyam/ Prasadam with all my friends here on festive occasion ... Stay Blessed~ Spread Happiness ... 

** Today is Datta Jayanthi, a pious festival for Hindus. There are many more festivals that collide on today’s date in many temples in Southern parts of India, especially in Manjeshwar, Mulki towns etc. Though Datta Jayanthi is usually celebrated in Datta Mandir/Temples, many Hindus observe them by preparing festive dishes at home. I will not run into more details about the festival as I am sure all of you know about this festival that falls in the month of Margashira/ Dhanurmasa an auspicious month, if not there is plenty of information in detail in the Net. I do not want to write on a topic, that I have no much knowledge of. Well, then all of you must be wondering about this festive Naivedyam thali, Isn’t it. Well this is our way of thanking God every year on this auspicious day for showering on us his choicest blessings. It is because of the place that he provided for my hubby for sitting to learn through childhood that he reached a successful stage in life today. There was this large Dattatreya Mandir next to my hubby’s home that which was opened to public only on this auspicious day while the other days it was closed. Only family members went to offer prayers and the people to whom this temple premises belonged were gracious enough to let my hubby sit there and study in peace without any disturbance whatsoever. 

** I have seen this lovely marble temple too, that is so cool with lovely breeze from trees around the temple and from the sea nearby. This has been my hubby’s studying place through childhood under the grace of Lord Datta and we are so thankful to Lord for providing this peaceful place to study under his grace and showering his choicest blessings throughout. Faith is always important in life to build a successful life on and I always believe that where there is faith and trust there God definitely shows a path. In Mumbai space is the biggest problem especially for growing children to read, learn, study and even play. And, to get such huge place to self is a boon for a child whose aim is to come up in life against all odds. So this is just a small gratitude meal offered at his lotus feet in my own way to thank him for everything he has offered us in life. Once again, the dishes in the "Thali" picture above are posted elsewhere along with recipes. I am following my same method of sharing only links to recipes here, so that you can choose to go through the same if you would love to try them. Thanking all my friends for always encouraging on my posts. Do try out different dishes in your home and enjoy with your family and friends. Once again wishing all my friends “A Very Happy and Prosperous Datta Jayanthi … Stay Blessed~ Spread Happiness. 


** Given below are the links to all the recipes of individual dishes in the “My Festive Thali (Vegetarian)~ 168” above, please go through the link for that particular dish recipe and do try it out and relish with family and friends ….. 

1.. For “Nendrabale Kele Podi (Ripe Banana Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

2. For “Chane Gashi with Kooka (Whole Black Bengal Gram- Chinese Potato Curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

3. For “Mixed Vegetable Upkari (Bhaji)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

4. For “Chane Saaru with Tomato (Saar)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

5. For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below …. 

6. For “Madgane with Rasvodo (Chana Dal Payasam with Rice Vadas)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …. 

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to me a feedback if possible. 

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible.

** I am happy to inform you that I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" which is over and year old, with about 23 K strong members. It is a pleasure to inform that you will find in the group many more recipes posted by our expert members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.