Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Scrumptious Veg. Thali~ 327.


“My Scrumptious Veg. Thali~ 327 : Vaingana Podi (Brijal fries), Alsando Batate Sukke (Yard Long Beans Potato semi dry masala curry), Karmbala Gojju (Stafruit Chutney), Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal), SheetHa (Rice)” … just one of those days when you end up with a delicious spread of dishes for lunch … while a few were decided upon, the others just got added on to avoid wastage … all are my favorite dishes from Konkani Saraswat Cuisine … Yummilicious …

** I guess being a foodie my heart always springs to action even if I decide otherwise. For a few months now I was resisting preparing and posting thali’s as I had almost stopped preparing them and since I had already crossed over 325 posting under the label, I just felt there where enough of options for all. Again, December and January months are somewhat uncomfortable for me as with setting in of winter my spinal issues always get awakened making it that much more difficult. I did take a break, but could not keep myself away for long and ended up with few combo meals over the last few weeks.

** Though this thali was not designed to make, it just happened as is the case with many of us at times. I had prepared sukke, dal, chawal for lunch that’s it and went about doing my other work when I remembered I had starfruit which was about a week old, as it was not very raw, I opened the fridge to check and there there were sitting all 90% ripe and ready. As no wastage of food is my mantra, I just could not leave it aside for tomorrow, simultaneously the idea of gojju popped in mind and here it is. I had those small thin long shaped brinjals which I sliced a few to prepare podi/ fries so that I could complete my thali.

** Given below are the links to the recipes of individual dishes in the picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Vaingana Podi (Brijal fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, the recipe is the same, I have just used thin long variety of green brinjals we get here in Mumbai for the fries as we can slice them into small nice roundels for fries….

** For “Alsando Batate Sukke (Yard Long Beans Potato semi dry masala curry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below, the recipe is same, however here I have just included alsando and batato for the curry, also sharing a common link to all sukke recipes, you can try them out if desired too ….

** For “Karmbala Gojju (Stafruit Chutney)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Dalitoy (Spiced Tuvar Dal)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

** For the Recipe of "Cooking Rice Starch Free/Vanu ghalnu SheetHa", where the Rice is cooked and the water is drained off to remove excess starch, Please follow the link given below ….

** You can use the search option for "Thali" or “Combo/Solo Meals” where you will get many more combination of thali’s, solo and combo meals. Do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends. Also remember to send me a feedback if possible, it does encourage me to do that much more.

** You can also click on the links given below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.