Wednesday, February 16, 2022

My Pejje Jevana Veg. Thali~ 328.


“My Pejje Jevana Veg. Thali~ 328 : Harve Kele Podi (Raw Banana Tawa Fries), Alsande Upkari (Yard long Beans Bhaji/ Stir Fry), Methi-Moong Sanna Khotto (Fenugreek Leaves-Green Gram Spicy Idly), Toop (Ghee), Organic Red Rice (Navara/ Paddy Rice) Pejja/ Kanji/ Porridge” … once again today there was a slight chill in air and a simple pejje jevana (rice porridge lunch) when served steaming hot with equally tasty side dishes is really heartwarming … served topped with homemade ghee it is that much more nutritious … Yummilicious …

** There is so much I have written about Pejje Jevana ie Rice porridge lunch that there is nothing more to pen down. I had come across “Organic Red Rice (Navara/ Paddy Rice)” a few years back when around 2 kgs of rice was brought home in fluke. Many of my friends then had shared with me the health benefits of this rice, like how it had medical properties too. Many friends suggested I return back the rice as that much quantity would be difficult to finish off soon. However, after going through much information I was really not in favor of doing so and was eager and motivated to try it out.

** I have never regretted my decision of giving it a try, though unlike our red boiled rice which turns very soft, this has a slight crunchy texture nevertheless equally tasty on relishing with delicious sides dishes served with it. I even tried dosa and they all turned out delicious. After that for a few years I just did not purchase it and recently, I once again thought of buying it so that I could try out something new and sure to in sometime. As for now I just wanted to relish delicious pejje jevana that is awesome especially when there is chill in the air, it is somewhat very heartwarming and tummy filling too.

** Given below are links to recipes of individual dishes in picture above, please go through the link for that particular dish .....

** For “Harve Kele Podi (Raw Banana Tawa Fries)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Alsande Upkari (Yard long Beans Bhaji/ Stir Fry)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Methi-Moong Sanna Khotto (Fenugreek Leaves-Green Gram Spicy Idly)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** For “Toop (Ghee)”, do excuse, I have yet to blog the method, which is long due, frankly over 4 years, somehow I always forget to do so, however you can use homemade or good quality store bought too, these days we really get reputed ones …

** For “Organic Red Rice (Navara/ Paddy Rice) Pejja/ Kanji/ Porridge” Recipe, Please follow the link given below …

** I am sharing common links to "Veg/ Non.Veg Thali", “Pejje Jevana” or “Combo/ Solo Meals”  below, you can also use the label section or search option with key words to search dishes you would like to go through too ... Life is all about good food, lovely friends and above all happy family times ... do try out various types of mix and match dishes to relish with your family and friends ... do remember to send me a feedback if possible, it does encourage me to do that much more ...

** Click on the common links given below to browse through the same ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.